Vintage Tablecloths

Sharing vintage tablecloths ~ and other vintage treasures that capture my attention. Thanks for stopping by!

Thursday, December 26, 2013

The Day After Christmas Stuff

The Day After Christmas Stuff...
(Pardon the tipsy candle, think it got into the wine.)
 
 
Mr. Retro was required to work Christmas Eve day, so this year we
were unable to make the 10 hour trip to spend Christmas with family.
 
I know lots of folks experience the same thing, and while I do allow
myself to feel a little melancholy, it's only for a few minutes because
we always have a great Christmas together!
 

Now this table looks better, doesn't it?  White wine, of course!
A non-traditional Christmas dinner for sure,but it was wonderful. 
Jumbo shrimp stuffed with Chesapeake Bay crab, oven roasted red potatoes,
and tender green beans.  Crusty wheat bread, Remoulade sauce for the shrimp. 
 
 Yummy!  Yes, it did taste as good as it looks.
 
 A new tablecloth  & gorgeous MMA dolphin candlestick holders~thanks Santa!
 
 Love this vintage tablecloth with the surreal trees design.
Possibly a Startex, but untagged.
 
 
Cool!
  
 Got some new crafting things from Mr. Retro. 
Guess I'll be working on upping my crafting skills (and my crafting area)
 in the new year so I can make good use of new paints, tape and even tools!
 
 
Did I ever show your this ribbon holder?  Mr. Retro made it for me. 
I used to have them all thrown in a wicker basket.  He's very neat when
it comes to "work space" so I think it made him crazy. Works for me! :)

 
As long as I'm embarrassing myself showing my stuff, here is my messy
 "treasure closet", things tossed this way and that because of Christmas.

Yup, need to be straightening this closet up in the new year also.
 
 
I think Doyle will be continuing his favorite habits ~ sleeping on the porch being
one of his favs! I don't know about you, but I'm tired today and may join him.
 
What are you doing today? 
Relaxing  ~ I hope, or shopping for bargains.
Thanks for stopping to visit!
 
 

15 comments:

  1. How fun to see your Treasure Closet! You always show the neatest treasures! My hubs is handy. Too. It is so nice they appreciate our hobbies!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the tablecloths and that dinner looks amazing! Your ribbon holder is nice...it's great having a handy hubby isn't it? I love your treasure closet...I just started one and it is full already. I so need to weed out my treasures and downsize! Have a blessed day after Christmas....Vicky

    ReplyDelete
  3. Happy Day after Christmas!!! How fun to see your treasure closet. It does me good to see crafty workspaces and collection storage areas that aren't "magazine ready".

    I hope to visit your blog more in 2014 ... that doggone clothesline cheers me up every time!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm glad you had a good holiday. I really like staying home and having a quiet one, which is what we typically do. Your Christmas table and dinner looked fantastic and I absolutely LOVE the trees tablecloth, how cool and different. Doyle is looking very cozy!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I believe enjoying yourself is a state of mind! Traditions change but enjoying the change comes from within! It looks like you and your husband had a very special Christmas Eve....and you received some very special gifts too! Merry Christmas!

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a yummy feast. Looks like you and your husband certainly had a beautiful tablescape and enjoyed each other's company. Love your new tablecloth and all your fun crafting supplies. I probably should spend some of my break cleaning up my craft room. It looks like a bomb went off. Ice skating is more fun than straightening up right now. Merry Christmas and Happy New Year!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I hope you guys had a lovely Christmas! Too bad you couldn't make the trip to be with family. That new table cloth is super cool! And I'm jealous of your new paints! It's so nice to just be able to grab the color you need and not have to run to the store for it. : )

    ReplyDelete
  8. I think today I am going to start packing away all of my Christmas treasures until next year. It's a lot of work so I'm hoping to get a little help:-) Then, maybe I can go do a little hunting for after Christmas bargains because then I won't feel so guilty about goofing off when there is work to be done!

    ~Erica

    ReplyDelete
  9. Your dinner looks and sounds delicious. We did the traditional ham, but now I'm craving seafood, ha ha. Love both tablecloths, your collection never ceases to amaze me! Happy New Year - Dawn

    ReplyDelete
  10. I hate that I missed wishing you a Merry Christmas...but I see you did! Sorry Mr. had to work but that you were able to spend quality time together. And might I say that shrimp looks yummy!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I love your table set for Christmas!!! It looks like a very yummy and lovely meal and wine!! :) Love your goodies from Santa! And how fun to get crafting supplies!!! That's so exciting! Um.. LOVE your treasure closet!!! And it makes me not feel as bad....haha! I did get our living room cleaned up, but I have totes here and there upstairs in the attack and the garage of my "treasures" lol. Mr. Doyle looks nice and comfy!! Hugs!! We might go a little bargain shopping tomorrow. Hope you have a great weekend!!! xo Holly

    ReplyDelete
  12. Your dinner looks deeee-lish! The shrimp is making me hungry just looking at it. I was peeking in your treasure closet and saw lots of wonderful goodies - thanks for sharing :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. Oh that stuffed shrimp looks so yummy! Sorry that you weren't able to be with all your loved ones, but glad that you were with someone who loves you.

    Wishing you a wonderful New Year!

    Leann

    ReplyDelete
  14. Looks like a delicious meal! I love your tablecloths!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Looks like your Christmas dinner was fabulous! Nothing like Chesapeake Bay crabs, mmmm. I hope you did join Doyle for a nap, how could you not? I'll be thinking of you as I organize my craft/sewing room. Cheers! :) --Fran

    ReplyDelete

Your comments make me smile and our open to all! Thanks.