Vintage Tablecloths

Sharing vintage tablecloths ~ and other vintage treasures that capture my attention. Thanks for stopping by!

Wednesday, December 18, 2013

Aqua Snowy Trees Tablescape

 
 Fa La La La La....

 
I love this aqua (or you can call it turquoise)
Wilendur tablecloth, with such pretty graphics of snowy trees.
 
 
This is my porch table as my dining room table is still covered with
Christmas wrap, ribbons, bows & tape.  Isn't yours???

 
Love the color....one of my favorite vintage Christmas tablecloths by Wilendur.
 
On my tabletop:
Russel Wright Casual Iroquois china ~local thrift store find I have used often.
Irish crystal stemware by Durand ~ Black Friday score from Macy's a few years ago.
Vintage aqua cocktail glasses ~ Goodwill many years ago.
Westmoreland glass lacy edge dish ~ Antique Mall score.
 
Better look at this gorgeous dish.
 
 Black matte console set ~ vintage Tiffin ~ flea market find from a
retired lady selling her treasures. 
Tea towel ~ vintage, designer Marion V. Dorn.
 
 
I used a vintage Christmas tree pins on each damask napkin.
This flatware is nothing to brag about.  :)
 
 
Love my Christmas tree pins!

 
Another pin.

 
The graphics on this towel are amazing.
Have it resting in a vintage Dansk enamel baking dish ~ retro cool.

 
Aqua, blue and silver ornaments....lovely!
 
 
I put these in my pocket while out with Doyle yesterday.
We have a HUGE pecan tree in our yard that is at least 30 years old.
The squirrels and the deer get most of them, but they leave us
enough to indulge some.
 
 
I think it's illegal here in Virginia to have a pecan tree and not
make at least one pecan pie, so here is the "Abby's Famous Pecan Pie"
recipe (of "Dear Abby " fame).  Simple and delicious, my "go-to" pecan pie recipe.
 
Dear Abby's Famous Pecan Pie. Photo by GaylaJ
(This photo of Abby's pie is from Food.com, I'll be baking mine Christmas Eve.)
 Thanks for visiting!
 
Linking with:
 


27 comments:

  1. Love your retro turquoise tablecloth and love the trees! Your Tiffin black glass candle holders and bowl are beautiful for your centerpiece! The Christmas pins on the napkins is darling idea for a Christmas accent. Have a very Merry Christmas!

    Pam

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, I love this! The colors are so pretty! Where did you find this tablecloth??? I have nev seen another like it. I know you must have been thrilled when you found it!

    Neat, neat, neat!

    xo

    Sheila

    PS... Boy do I love Tiffin!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Adore any blue green! Love love love your linen towel, so yummy.

    Hope you're all done with all the holiday running around. We've only just begun WAH!

    I'll be over on Christmas Eve for a big slice of mandatory pecan pie :)

    Merry Christmas!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Pam,
    I love your vintage tablecloth and all your treasures. The vintage pins is such a clever embellishment. I use Dear Abby's pecan pie recipe, too. Merry Christmas!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Pam, that tablecloth is beautiful...one of the best you have shared with us! Great idea using vintage jewelry on the napkins.

    ReplyDelete
  6. That is seriously one gorgeous table cloth! Love the colors and graphics. You did a great table setting using it!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Pam, The tablecloth is wonderful. I loved how used it for the backdrop on your blog. So clever to use the pins on the napkins. Love it! Dianne

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love the icy blues in this winter tablescape! So pretty! And I love the way you pinned the Christmas tree pins on your napkins. I do that at Christmas with my tree pins, too.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love the winter tablecloth! Our yard is full of pecan trees that have been here since the house was built in 1950, and we don't get a single pecan from any of them. We have so many squirrels that they grab them before any fall off.

    ReplyDelete
  10. This is one of my favorite tablescapes that you've done. I love the colors and the pattern on this tablecloth. I'm looking out the windows in my sunroom and the moon is casting beautiful shadows on the snow. It looks just like your tablecloth. The Christmas tree pins on the napkins are the perfect touch. Pecan pie...can it get any better?

    ReplyDelete
  11. Gorgeous, Pam! My husband makes his father's bourbon pecan pie from Louisiana! But the real question is: PEE-can, or pe-CAHN? Warm Wishes!

    ReplyDelete
  12. My absolute favorite tablescape that you have shared thus far! I love this tablecloth so much and have expedited it to the very top of my vintage linen wish list :-)

    Happy Holidays!

    ~Erica

    ReplyDelete
  13. The pins on the napkins are just perfect! ♥

    ReplyDelete
  14. This is really gorgeous. I love all of it, especially the glass bowl. It's so interesting and the shape and edging are really unusual.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Such a beautiful tablecloth and love the whole table!! Merry Christmas! xo Heather

    ReplyDelete
  16. Happy Holidays! This is beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Pam, you have used your lovely tablecloth as a background for your blog! Such talent! Love the cool and icy hues of your winter tablescape. The Westmoreland glass dish is very special with it's openwork edge. Merry Christmas!

    Debra

    ReplyDelete
  18. I was just telling my husband someone I know was talking about her grandma having pecan trees, and was wondering if we could grow them here? If so, I want to plant one!! Yum! Pecan Pie sounds yummy too! Loving the aqua colors, its nice and wintery! And of course LOVE your vintage pins!! So cute!! Christmas hugs!! xo Holly

    ReplyDelete
  19. We have a pecan tree too and the squirrels love it. We didn't get very pecans this year though. Pecan pie on Christmas sounds delicious. Might just have to make one too. :)

    ReplyDelete
  20. Oooooooo! I LOVE the table cloth! Your collection never ceases to delight me.

    ReplyDelete
  21. Beautiful! Love that tablecloth...everything is gorgeous.

    ReplyDelete
  22. Pecan pie!!!! Why, why, WHY do you tempt me so??!?!?!?!! Now I have a taste for it that won't jump out of my mouth! I guess I'll have to pull on ye olde snow boots and get on down to the grocery store to get some Karo syrup! Man...I can taste it already!!!

    I love it that you're using that great contemporary color for Christmas! It's so lively! I just love how you make everything vintage look so au courant!

    Enjoy your beautifully decorated home!!! Have a great weekend! I'm headed out for Karo! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  23. Very pretty blue table and the tablecloth is lovely, dishes and all your vintage look! I love that pecan pie, sounds awesome! Thanks for your sweet visit. Wishing you and yours a very blessed C'mas!
    FABBY

    ReplyDelete
  24. Gorgeous table!! I hope to find that tablecloth someday :) Love the Christmas pins!!! How many do you have?

    ReplyDelete
  25. Gorgeous table!! I hope to find that tablecloth someday :) Love the Christmas pins!!! How many do you have?

    ReplyDelete
  26. What a wonderful tablecloth, and that dish, WOW! Glad the animals left you enough pecans for a pie!
    Thanks for linking to Let's Dish! See you this week?

    ReplyDelete
  27. Well, I am a little behind in catching up with past posts....but I had to comment! THAT TABLECLOTH!!! You could have just posted a picture of the tablecloth and nothing else, I still would have sat and stared at the photo. And you're right, the graphics on the towel are amazing. I hope you had a lovely Christmas, I'm sure I will know that for sure as I catch up to the posts! :) --Fran

    ReplyDelete

Your comments make me smile! Thanks.