Vintage Tablecloths

Sharing vintage tablecloths ~ and other vintage treasures that capture my attention. Thanks for stopping by!

Monday, November 25, 2013

Holiday Postcard Ephemera & an Elf!

Happy Thanksgiving Week Everyone!
 
I'm sharing some vintage Thanksgiving Postcards
and a few other goodies, which will lead us into
the Christmas Season!
 
 
O Come All Ye Faithful...
 
Love vintage postcards, and these Thanksgiving themed are the sweetest.
 
A closer look.  "To wish you lots of pleasure and a cheerful feast
for these hours of Thanksgiving."  How quaint!

 
Here we have a "Glad" Thanksgiving Day wish,
a nice change from the "Happy".

 
"When the apples are gathered, and the brown nuts fall,
may you find it the happiest time of all".

 
Sweet retro Christmas Carol booklets, and a small group of Christmas hankies.
Couldn't leave out linens.  I love hankies, they look like miniature tablecloths to me.  :)
 
 
Not sure if you can read the postmarks, but they are 1915 & 1917.  I know! 
 
 Should anyone be familiar with the Troutman family from Kewanna, Indiana,
let me know.  How great would it be to pair these postcards with family descendants.
 
 
What a sweet postcard she makes.  
Speaking of sweet...

 
This is the elf I created for the elf challenge hosted by Viv at Viv's Whimsy.
He's busy finishing up the things he's been making for Santa's sleigh. 
I've got my eye on the pearl necklace!  :) 
 
Lucky for me Deb from Garage Sale Gal included this cute elf head when
we were paired as swap partners for Erica from Golden Egg vintage
Christmas in July swap.  I grabbed a pinecone from my yard and started creating.
I sat him on this roll of duct tape while I was working and decided it was
an adorable base, so left him on it. 
 
 Check my sidebar for the link to Viv's blog, it's not too late to join in!

 
I rescued these linens from an auction Saturday.  I was the only bidder!
I'll be showing you more in a post after Thanksgiving.
 
Wishing all of you & your extended families a peaceful and loving holiday!
 
 
Happy Thanksgiving Friends!
 
Linking with: 
 

22 comments:

  1. Love all your stuff Pam, mega holiday cuteness! So envious of your finding Thanksgiving things, I can't ever find any. Adore your elfie.

    Happy happy Thanksgiving!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is such a wonderful collection of cards! I love old cards and postcards, it's fascinating to look at the postage on them and read the addresses, since some of that has changed, like zip codes and such.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Pam, your Elf turned out so CUTE! He is adorable!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love your elf! I want to make a yo yo elf but have yet to find a elf head! ♥

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow Pam! You really did such an amazing job with your Elf! I love that he's sitting on that roll of cherry duct tape! Cute!
    The Thanksgiving postcards are beautiful!
    Happy Holidays to you-
    Erica :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your postcards are awesome. I have a "little" stash myself. Fun Christmas hankies too!
    Your Elf is so cute! Very creative!
    Happy Thanksgiving to you and yours.
    So much to be Thankful for!
    Warmly,
    deb

    ReplyDelete
  7. Elves have to be one of my favorite vintage decorations, sadly, they are pretty hard to find around here! Love your creation!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love the hankies and Christmas carols! And, you elf is just the sweetest! Happy Thanksgiving! xo Heather

    ReplyDelete
  9. Everything is lovely! Your Elf is so cute! Have a wonderful Thanksgiving!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Your Elf is adorable! I love all the special details! Your Thanksgiving postcards are wonderful. It's so hard to find any vintage Thanksgiving. Have a blessed Thanksgiving! I can't wait to start Christmas decorating!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Such a fun collection! And that elf is so stinking adorable! Great job!
    Have a great Thanksgiving!

    ReplyDelete
  12. A "Glad Thanksgiving" to you and yours! Seems we love all the same things. I think postcards are the most wonderful inexpensive way to decorate with, and I love reading them too,

    ReplyDelete
  13. Happy Thanksgiving, Pam! What a fun pinecone elf you've created! Those linens are quite a score. Don't you love it when you are the only bidder on an item? :) --Fran

    ReplyDelete
  14. Love all those fun postcards!! And of course love the pretty hankies too! I actually have some of the "always in the market" cards, along with a few others that came in a little set in a box. Oh your elf is adorable!!! You did such a great job! I bet he was fun too!! The stack of linens looks heavenly!! :) :) Wishing you and your family a very wonderful and blessed Happy Thanksgiving!! xo Holly

    ReplyDelete
  15. Love the postcards. I don't come across too many with a Thanksgiving theme!

    You did a very lovely job on the elf!!!! I admire your talent!! Have a lovely holiday.

    ReplyDelete
  16. A great vintage presentation.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Those Christmas Carol Booklets are lovely as is everything else.
    I hope you have a wonderful Thanksgiving.
    Denise

    ReplyDelete
  18. Great collection of holiday cards. Hope you enjoyed a wonderful Thanksgiving, Jan

    ReplyDelete
  19. Oh, I too love vintage postcards! Always love the sentiments that they say both on the front and back. The Christmas Carol booklets are so fun for the holidays! Thanks for sharing with SYC.
    hugs,
    Jann

    ReplyDelete
  20. Pam, I LOVE your elf! how stinking cute he is! great job and I just posted him on my blog. xoxo vivian

    ReplyDelete

Your comments make me smile! Thanks.