Vintage Tablecloths

Sharing vintage tablecloths ~ and other vintage treasures that capture my attention. Thanks for stopping by!

Wednesday, October 16, 2013

White Dish Lunch Table~RED Vintage Tablecloth!

Sweet Tea Set Vintage Tablecloth ~
& lunch on the porch
 
A tablescape using all white dishes.  What white dishes?
I used my Seibel Impromptu "almost" all white dishes in last week's post.
 
I have a few white Iroquois Russel Wright Casual white dinner plates
 I nabbed from the DAV thrift store awhile back, but that's it!
 

What's a tablescaper to do but hit the thrifts!
Luckily I found a couple very pretty salad plates, bread plates and small
serving bowl all made by Hutschenreuter, Bavaria, Germany.
 
This is fine china and so lovely.  I wish they had more pieces,
 but at 45 cents each, I was lucky there were any left. 


 
Went hunting through my stash for some white and found two
vintage Fire King relish servers.  Thrifted etched stemmed water glasses.
 
 
Vintage Hazel Atlas platonite fruit cups. 
I use these on my table a lot!
 
 
Some red handled flatware found at a yard sale.
Ultimately, I think all my mismatched white dishes work fine together!

 
Set of Fenton red glass candlestick holders & console bowl.
 
 
 Recently acquired church sale milk glass frilly edge plate for 25 cents!
  Red IKEA tea light candles sit atop the bread plates...adding some cuteness.
 
 
 Don't miss seeing all the creatively cool tables! 
 
Also joining in another fun party,
 
Thanks for visiting!   We've just returned from a camping trip. 
I'll be posting about that and the treasures I found along the way soon. 
 
 




25 comments:

  1. Pam,
    I hope you come visit me where I have used Impromptu dishes in Bridal White tonight. :-) I do love some mid century dishes..and I think your mix of plates is just perfect for this challenge of all white dishes...
    Love, Mona

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh, love that Bridal White same as I do the Stellar!!! :)

      Delete
  2. This all white challenge has made a lot of stress on a lot of is, but you met it head first. Just love the tablecloth, just perfect.
    Pam

    ReplyDelete
  3. This certainly was a challenge for all of us! I love your tablecloth and all your white dishes are pretty. I have the Fire King relish dishes too. They are so pretty. I forgot I even have them until I saw yours. LOL Thanks for visiting....
    Blessings My Friend,

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love the tablecloth and it is perfect for the white dish challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I adore this tablecloth and your white tablescape. It all works so well together. The relish server reminds me of Sunday meals at my grandmothers. So fun!

    ReplyDelete
  6. So pretty Pam!! I just love the china and the tablecloth is soo darling too!! :) Hope you're having a lovely day!! xo Holly

    ReplyDelete
  7. You found some great pieces for this table. Now you'll have white dishes for your cupboards. '-)
    Love the vintage cloth!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I wish I had at least one of those white Fire King dishes. I may need to do some searching for them -- I serve relishes and sauces together all the time at parties and only have a pink depression glass tri-part dish. Loved the inspiration from the vintage cloth!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wonderful table, Pam! Love all your pieces of white dishes. xo

    ReplyDelete
  10. Lovely red & white! I have the Fire King relish dish in aqua, and was excited to find a white one (NEW with the tags attached) in a vintage store this summer--and then when my daughter saw it she exclaimed, "it'll be perfect to hold loose jewelry on my bureau!" Wanna guess where that dish is? Hint: NOT on my table! Oh, well, I'll keep searching.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Beautiful! That tablecloth is wonderful.

    ReplyDelete
  12. That is such a pretty tablecloth - love it!

    ReplyDelete
  13. It is so much fun to see which tablecloth you have chosen for a tablescape!! I love this one - it is so cute! Your white and red is so cheery - it made me smile!!

    ReplyDelete
  14. I tend to love a mismatched table setting more than one that is formal and all matchy matchy. Yours is definitely one that I would love to sit down at! That tablecloth is so cute. Any idea of it's maker?

    ~Erica

    ReplyDelete
  15. That table cloth is awesome! And I think you're right, your dishes totally work together. I love a mismatched monochromatic look.

    ReplyDelete
  16. You got so creative, coming up with this table! Red and white is always classic and perfect with what you had and found!
    Jenna

    ReplyDelete
  17. I love vintage tablecloths, and this one is great! What a deal on your dishes. Lucky find. You did a good job with the challenge. laurie

    ReplyDelete
  18. Forgot to tell you that I love your header with the vintage cloths blowing in the wind on the clothes line. laurie

    ReplyDelete
  19. Pam, you have some the most gorgeous vintage linens of anyone I know. Beautiful tablescape. I find white really hard to do, it is always a challenge and one would think it is easy!
    I really like those fruit cups...I used to have a couple and thought they were drinking glasses!
    Have a wonderful week.

    ReplyDelete
  20. Such a cute table. I love that tablecloth...and I'm a Seibel and Wright collector, so I love those too.

    ReplyDelete
  21. So beautiful! Love the pretty relish servers!! Happy weekend to you! xo Heather

    ReplyDelete
  22. Well! Red's my favorite color, and Hazel Atlas is my favorite vintage kitchen glass, so you know I'm loving this! Gorgeous tablecloth. I missed 2 church sales last weekend, ugh. Take care -Dawn @ We Call It Junkin.com

    ReplyDelete
  23. You are such a good sport! Hit the thrifts to take the challenge, sweet! Your tablecloth is wonderful and your red and white table is cheerful and welcoming!

    ReplyDelete
  24. Forget the white dishes Pam, it's that table cloth that has me oohing and aahing! lol! I spy cherries and so many precious things on it. Seriously, the dishes are lovely, but give me that cloth any day! Thanks for sharing with SYC.
    hugs,
    Jann

    ReplyDelete

Your comments make me smile! Thanks.