Vintage Tablecloths

Sharing vintage tablecloths ~ and other vintage treasures that capture my attention. Thanks for stopping by!

Wednesday, October 23, 2013

Too Mod Table!

 
Whew ~ Could I get more orange on this table?
 
I'm calling this table "mod" because of the era of the tablecloth.
 
 
Most of the items are more mid-century.
Using my old stand-by Hazel Atlas (Ovide Platonite) dishes.

 
I love to swap the dishes and make opposite color settings with them.


 
This ironstone coffee server, made in Japan, is most likely from the mod era.
It's sitting on a vintage hankie of fall hues.

 

 
Luster glasses and Vera napkins round out the setting.

 
Yard sale  pumpkin S & P shakers for a dollar.  I think they are
really not a true pair.  Still cute!.

 
Lengthwise view!

 
The two-tier center tray is Royal Haeger USA.
The ewer vase holding the flowers is just plain Haeger USA.
What's up with that?
 
The yellow-beige leaf bowl is unmarked, $3 at a consignment shop.
 
 
Here's a close up of the "married pair" of S & P's and the Vera napkin.
All of my Vera napkins have been thrifted over the years, and I
own too many to remember where I got them or what I paid for them,
though knowing me it wasn't much!  :)
 
 
Just love this mod tablecloth which is perfect for fall!  
A steal for $3 at a local church sale, which we have a lot of around here. 
Mr. Retro actually spied this tablecloth before I did.  Good thing I bring him along!

 
I won't be able to look at orange by Thanksgiving, but right now it's perfect fall décor.
 
 
Doyle helped me today, but really...he just wants to be back in the field!
 
This week I'm joining:
 
 
 
 
 


24 comments:

  1. I think my mother must have had a tablecloth like that! It just pops color. Love the Vera napkins too. Joni

    ReplyDelete
  2. That table cloth is fantastic!!! And I love the Vera napkins with it. Happy fall!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. So fun and colorful!

    - The Tablescaper

    ReplyDelete
  4. A beautiful fall table!! Happy day to you! xo Heather

    ReplyDelete
  5. Cool! That looks like the hippie flowers I painted on some French doors in my first apartment back in 1968. Very mod!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Mr. Retro has a good eye for linen spying! Another fun table. It would be right at home in my very orange house right now!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love all of your orange - I think we should declare October "Orange Month"!! I remember in the 60s, when decorators said that every room should have a touch of orange! It is always so much fun to see your vintage pieces - love that wild tablecloth, too!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Beautiful table and color scheme. Those dishes are wonderful!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love the colors and the tablecloth is awesome. I must say that orange two tier tray is the highlight of the table!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I can't remember going through the orange and yellow era of decorating in the 70's
    I always loved blue & white
    It is Back and hot with the 30 year old gals today

    ReplyDelete
  11. Such a beautiful fall table!! Love the oranges! Fall hugs! Have a great day! xo Holly

    ReplyDelete
  12. Oh my, I remember my Mother using those colors. I still love them and they are perfect for this time of year. Doyle looks very serious. Dianne

    ReplyDelete
  13. I love this color palette and it reminded me of my mom's house. I'm working on my collection. Love this table!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Who knew there was Royal Haeger and just Haeger?? I need to go check my pieces!
    Mr. Retro did a great thing by finding this table cloth! It's very cool.
    Thanks for sharing!
    Erica :) ps. I love to see Doyle in his element!

    ReplyDelete
  15. WOW! I love this dazzling table, Pam...you have the best vintage linens. I remember them from the 70's, big, bold and now old!
    I didn't realize there were so many Hazel Atlas dishes out there.
    Have a wonderful week...

    ReplyDelete
  16. Pam, this table cloth definitely looks mod to me. Fun, fun, fun! I like how you swapped the dishes. Thanks for sharing with SYC.
    hugs,
    Jann

    ReplyDelete
  17. Totally mod! Boy do these colors take me back. '-)
    Great job as always!

    ReplyDelete
  18. What a wonderful mid century mod table!! I love your orange Haeger tiered tray!!

    ReplyDelete
  19. I'm always eager to see what you have pulled out of your retro stash each week. Another fun setting!

    ReplyDelete
  20. A great table setting!! I love Vera napkins!!!

    ReplyDelete
  21. So bright and cheerful! Have a wonderful weekend :) --Fran

    ReplyDelete
  22. I found an apron that almost matches your tablecloth perfectly!! Love your table!

    ReplyDelete
  23. WOW that is what I call color! Looks great for autumn

    ReplyDelete

Your comments make me smile and our open to all! Thanks.