Vintage Tablecloths

Sharing vintage tablecloths ~ and other vintage treasures that capture my attention. Thanks for stopping by!

Monday, September 30, 2013

Spoolies: Fall, Halloween & Swap!

 
It's that time of year again! 
 

Picked our pumpkin out at a local "honor" stand.  $4 for choice.
Love so many thing about living in the country, and this is one of them!
 
I got in the mood for some fall crafting fun,
& Halloween spoolies of course!
 
 
 I made this spooky spider spoolie for my swap partner Kim.

 
Here's a whole lot of crafty fun!

 
A couple fall spoolies, one for me and one for a friend,
and a little fall flower pot.
 
 
 
Mr. Retro's favorite cartoonist is Gary Larsen.  I used some pictures from
an old "Scary Far Side" calendar he had saved. 
 
BATES MOTEL..."Say hello to our new houseguest, Mother."
The guy has a strange sense of humor!
 
 
Couldn't resist the look on these kids faces, so
used a scary ghoul on the roof.
 
 
Added some cob-web looking yarn and bats for fun. 
Mr. Retro was pleased. 

 
 I was also excited  because my swap package arrived!!!
 
This is the adorable spoolie I received from my swap partner Kim, of
 
I can't look at it without smiling!  That bow!  That face!
Make sure you visit her blog, lots of creativity there.
 
 
Fun extra goodies that she included.
Thanks Kim!
 

 
Here is the swap package I sent to her.  Had to include some fairy tags!
 
for hosting this fun spoolie swap!
 
 
Few other tags I made while playing crafting.
 

 
 Well, we know it's not  Halloween yet, but it sure is fun getting ready!   
 Doyle helped.......
 
 
He's a pro at guarding the porch! 
I'll be carving our pumpkin later.
 
Are you doing any fall crafting or decorating?
It will be in the 80's by the weekend, which definitely won't feel like fall, dang! 
 Planning on a terrific week anyway.  You have a great week too!
 
 
 
Linking with:
 
 
 



11 comments:

  1. Aren't you having fun! Love all the special treasures that you included. It's been so much fun to see everyone's interpretations on these spools. I'm still waiting for mine to arrive before I post my own version. Your pumpkin stand is so fun. I can't wait to take the girls for their annual pictures at our favorite pumpkin farmer. Halloween hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree with Kim! So many fun ideas for these spoolies!
    Warmly,
    deb

    ReplyDelete
  3. What fun Pam!! Love all your crafty goodness!! And Doyle is so cute, as always!! Our week and weekend is going to be like that too, around 80....crazy for this time of year. I love living in the country too!! Wishing you a lovely crafty week!! xo Holly

    ReplyDelete
  4. You have been busy! I love the house with "The Far Side" graphics. I've been enjoying decorating for Halloween, too--no "honor" stands around here, though. You are right, you are lucky to live in the country! At least we will have the hot weather in common...tomorrow, it's supposed to be an unseasonably warm 80 degrees here! Have a wonderful week! :)
    --Fran

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow, you've been busy! I love the spoolies! I've never seen anything like that before. Super cute!
    And you can tell I'm totally from the city because my first thought was, "someone is going to steel that pumpkin money!" So cool that you don't have to worry about that as much out in the country.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love all your sweet Halloween and fall decorations and cuteness!! Such fun swaps!! Happy autumn and week to you!! xo Heather

    ReplyDelete
  7. That's a whole lot of cool "Spoolies"!! Love the Bates Motel! This was a fun swap,
    Dorothy

    ReplyDelete
  8. Such creative Halloween Spoolies! Some very creative women live in blogland!,

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hi Pam, oh you have been having so much fun creating 'spooky' goodies. Looks like the swap was a big success! Thanks for sharing with SYC.
    hugs,
    Jann

    ReplyDelete
  10. You gals make me want to get off my butt and do some crafting! Love the spoolies, and have yet to try making one. But I keep going back to that pumpkin stand. Around here, I think someone would have taken that money box right off of the stand. Must be nice to live amongst honest people!

    ReplyDelete
  11. How much FUN is this!!!!! Thanks for sharing...hope to see you today : ) hugs...

    ReplyDelete

Your comments make me smile! Thanks.