Vintage Tablecloths

Sharing vintage tablecloths ~ and other vintage treasures that capture my attention. Thanks for stopping by!

Sunday, August 18, 2013

Church Sale Finds & Paper Crafting

I have actually been bringing fewer finds home,
though it might not look like it here!
 
 
The annual Catholic Church sale is always great!
I've already used the fish/cat platter and the fish S & P's
in a tablescape post.
 

Sweet California hankie, not as vintage as some since
"Disneyland" is shown.
 

 
You'll be seeing a tablescape come fall on this
Mod vintage tablecloth.
 
 
Hand Made ~ Pure Linen placemats from Fiji.
They have such a wonderful feel to them.
 
 
Blue Willow china by Churchill, Made in Staffordshire, England.
Already been thinking about a tablescape using them.  
 A few Battenburg lace pieces, sweet embroidered table-topper,
bone china cake server, and a couple vintage pins.
 

Meka, Denmark ~ 1960's enamel on steel bowl.
This is Mr. Retro's find, love it when he comes along!
 
I don't think I would have bought the next find
if he wasn't with me.
 
 
70 piece set of Texas Ware!
Melmac like dishes Made in Dallas, TX USA 
A thrifty price~so why not. 
 
 
Sweet mint green.  I'll keep some and sell some.


Hutschenreuter China from the thrift store, 75 & 45 cents each.
A real bargain for high quality china.  For tablescapes of course!
 
 
 
Was meeting some co-workers for lunch and brought them
bookmarks I made.  Do you use bookmarks, or is all your reading
"kindle" style now?
 
It was a baby shower luncheon!
 

 


The guest of honor is pregnant with twins
 ~ a boy and a girl ~
so I made these tags for her gifts.
 
The pink fairy on one side, & sock monkey on the reverse
side of the tag.  Cute?

 

Happy Sunday and have a terrific week!
 

10 comments:

  1. Love that set of dishes!!!!

    I am still turning pages in a book, I have no desire to read a book on line at all!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh wow Pam!! How exciting for all those 'new' finds!!! Love all the dishes, those are fabulous!! And pretty linens! :) Happy Sunday! xo Holly

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sweet finds and love the white china! That tag is adorable! Most of my reading is still using a regular old book cause I love and collect them! I do have a couple resource books on my Kindle though....borrowed from Amazon Prime!

    Blessings, Vicky
    Life On Willie Mae Lane

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love that texasware! So perfect for picnics and BBQ's outside! And those little people who get upset if their food touches other food on the plate.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh I am loving the melmac, my favorite color! looks like you had fun!

    ReplyDelete
  6. As much as my big girl job at the University deals with technology, I still prefer the feel of a paper book. Your texasware is fabulous. Definitely a fun tablesetting to bring outside. If some of your dishes come up missing, it's in our new potting shed.

    ReplyDelete
  7. There is absolutely no way I would have left behind that Melmac! What a beautiful color. I have several pieces but none of the divided plates.

    I picked up a California tablecloth a couple of weeks ago. I need to go pull it out again and see if Disneyland is on it. Thanks for the tip!

    ~Erica

    ReplyDelete
  8. Such great finds! I love the Fiji placemats, there's just something about linen, right? And your papercrafts are so sweet. I'm not a kindle-girl (yet), I still would rather hold a book in my hands, but I don't use bookmarks either. If it's a hardcover with a dust jacket then I use the dust jacket to hold my place; if not (some book lovers might consider it a travesty but) I just fold the page over. Hope you have a great week! :)
    --Fran

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love the CA hankie!! And, that mint green Texas Ware!! Beautiful! Have a lovely day! xo Heather

    ReplyDelete
  10. Your Lake Placid tablecloth is a great treasure, and it is the perfect background for your charming tablescape. There's quite a bit of Jadeite on eBay. You might get lucky! Thanks for inviting us for a peak. Cherry Kay

    ReplyDelete

Your comments make me smile! Thanks.