Vintage Tablecloths

Sharing vintage tablecloths ~ and other vintage treasures that capture my attention. Thanks for stopping by!

Saturday, June 1, 2013

Yard Sale "Crafty" Finds!

It was a crafters bonanza at the Relay for Life
yard sale today!
 
Just needed some stamina to work my way to the tables
through the "I'll knock you down to get a bargain" shoppers.
 
Was it worth it?
 
 
Oh yeah! 
 
Found a little vintage Christmas too, but can't show that here
just in case Deb (Garage Sale Gal), my swap partner for Erica's
 "Christmas in July Swap", is peeking! 
 
 
The paper doll collection is not vintage, but reproduced graphics
called the Gretna Collection, dated 1999.
 
 
Nice quality paper, wonderful vintage graphics
 

They're just so cute....I'll show you lots of photos


I paid $1 for the whole set.  
 
 
Kudos to Mr. Retro, he found them first and brought them to me.
 
 
Container filled with buttons, flowers, ribbon and embellishments ~ $1.50
Some are older, some brands I've never heard of, and some were
 even made in the good old USA!
 
 
We hit one more sale, where I found the picnic basket, cute Mikasa
heart dish and the sweet yellow Coach bag! Great for summer.
 

Did you find anything you "heart" today?
 
Thanks for visiting!
 

It was way too hot to leave Doyle in the car, so he had to stay home.
But I see a trip to the beach in his future!
 
 
 

 

 

24 comments:

  1. I loved paper dolls when I was a kid. What a fantastic find!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'd say you had a perfect day!! You were surely in the right place at the right time!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I found some goodies too this weekend! Was nice to find them. You sure have LOTS of paper dolls! I remember playing with them in the "old days".
    I was hoping my Grandgirl would like them, No way!
    Warmly,
    deb

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love the heart dish, is it Mikasa? xo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes Barbara, it is Mikasa and I paid 50 cents for it!

      Delete
  5. Wow - You found lots of goodies! I found two vintage sewing baskets today. One was $1 and the other $2. It's slim pick-in's up here in the mountains, but I am happy to find sweet treasures!

    ReplyDelete
  6. What sweet goodies you found!! Love the basket and the images are so cute!! Have a great weekend! xo Heather

    ReplyDelete
  7. Lovely goodies you found out treasure hunting! We went out this morning and found some goodies too! I'll have to share them soon! :) Like all the paper dolls, what fun you can have with them! Have a great rest of the weekend! xo Holly

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh my.....I found so much amazing stuff today and I can't wait to show it to all of you. Here's a little sneak peek for you, Pam......several vintage tablecloths and I mean SEVERAL!

    Enjoy the rest of your weekend. Hopefully Doyle's visit to the beach happens soon!

    Erica

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. How can you find great tablecloths everytime you go to sales??? Oooohhh! :)

      Delete
  9. I love the paper dolls! And I think it's even better that they're not old in this case. Because if they're old they fall apart easily, and you'd be hesitant to craft with them because they're old and original. So that's my 2 cents on that! LOL Love the Coach purse! So summery!
    Yes, I hit an estate sale today and I found the most vintage Christmas stuff I've ever found in one batch! I'm still on a "high" I think! haha
    Erica :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. you're right Erica, because I already cut two and didn't mind a bit,LOL! Yeah,I feel that high when I find great stuff - all those endorphins releasing! :)

      Delete
  10. All those reproduction paper dolls! Wow! What fantastic prices. You really find some amazing goodies. A Coach purse too!! It doesn't get any better than that.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I won't complain because I got the Coach, but the women before me had like 6 bags, Coach, Dooney, Vera Bradley...and who knows what else...and all brand new looking too.

      Delete
  11. That is alot of paper dolls! The graphics look really good. I like the picnic basket, pack it when you take Doyle to the beach!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's the plan Ann! We have a nearby State Park that hosts free summer concerts, you bring a picnic, pets, whatever, and enjoy the music. So this was a great find for us for $2!

      Delete
  12. The paper dolls are really cute, I imagine something fabulously crafty will be happening with them!
    I didn't hit any sales this weekend. We are putting together a monster sized swing set. My friends found some Pyrex for me though!

    ReplyDelete
  13. WOW! You really got lucky here.....I love the photo of your dog running....looks like a Britney Spaniel? He is a beautiful dog! :) Thanks for all the prayers for my Maya and me.....

    Sandy

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, he is a "full of himself" 3 year old Brit! Still praying for your sweet Maya.

      Delete
  14. Replies
    1. ;-) You would know, Queen of the Sales, LOL!

      Delete
  15. Lots of great crafting items! I am hoping to get more crafting done soon. First I'm going to be doing a huge downsizing of my stuff including my dishes! After my post I realized I just have too many! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Linda, I realized that awhile ago, but they are so hard to let go, aren't they?

      Delete

Your comments make me smile and our open to all! Thanks.