Vintage Tablecloths

Sharing vintage tablecloths ~ and other vintage treasures that capture my attention. Thanks for stopping by!

Friday, June 14, 2013

Patriotic Ornaments & Hummingbirds!

 
 
I've been playing....Friday is a good day for that!
 
 
 
Viv of Viv Out On A Whim is hosting a Patriotic Ornament Swap.
I signed up and had so much fun creating a patriotic ornie
for my swap partner, Patti of Paintin-Patti.
 
She received it yesterday and likes it.  YAY!
 
Can't wait til mine comes so I can show it off!  Maybe tomorrow! :)
 
 
I sent Patti this hanging paper doll ornament.
I used one of the paper dolls from the repro set I found while out
treasure hunting a couple weeks ago. 
 
The graphics are copies of original paper dolls from the late 1800's.
 

 
I used a round balsa lid to give it a little depth and wrapped
some powder blue cord around the edge. 
 
Uh oh, when I turned her over, I realized the back wasn't very
attractive and might be seen while hanging, so I went
ahead and decorated it too.  I used another paper doll!

 
*************************
 
Okay, now here are a few I made for myself...
or maybe one for a friend.
 

 
This ornie's focus is a cute puppy vintage playing card.
The heart above him is an ME magnet. 
 

 
Wrapped the base in red, white & blue cord ribbon
 & added a red apple button.
 
 
The inside of the base called for some dressing up also. 
 
 
Yes, that is a cupcake paper behind her head!  Used another of
the paper dolls here.  I'm not sure if she is quite done yet.  She's cute,
but might need a little more "bling". 
What do you think???
 
 
A painted picture frame lined with white ribbon and red lace,
 with a flag pin center; some simple stickers and buttons.
 
 
 Patriotic cupcake liners with a little lace trim made a great gift tag!
A circle of scrapbook paper in the middle to write on. 
 
 
Hope you liked seeing them all, I liked making them!  
 
I promised you Hummingbirds.......
 
 
Wow ~ we had a heck of a storm  yesterday.  It was like a mini
hurricane blowing through.  Our poor little hummingbirds were hungry after!
Photo is a little fuzzy, since I took it from inside the porch.
 
 
Getting ready for his landing!
 
 
I frightened them when I opened the door to go outside,
but after a minute four of them came to partake!
It was a "full house"!
 
Love these hummingbirds, but they are sucking up the nectar at such a
rate I'm refilling it 2X a day!  And there is another feeder in the backyard.
Little cuties! 
 
Have a great week-end bloggie friends!!!
 
 
Linking with:

Beverly's Pink Saturday at How Sweet the Sound

A Favorite Thing at Mockingbird Hill Cottage

20 comments:

  1. Such cute ornies! I love the photo if the 4 hummingbirds on the feeder at once! Amazing.....:) Have a blessed weekend! Vicky

    ReplyDelete
  2. How lucky for you to have all the hummingbirds! Wow! Of course I just LOVE my ornament - and I am making a post about it - I've got to take more pictures tomorrow - I have this sweet ornament staged in a bunch of areas of my home - she's so cute! I fear what I made you is not near as pretty. I went a different direction - I just wanted to do something different! I hope you like it. I made the little red bird out of paperclay - you will see when you get it. I hope it stays on!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Darling use for those paper dolls. They are very sweet ornaments. Your hummingbird pictures are fantastic. I can't wait to share these with Josie. She loves watching our feeder (along with our two cats).

    ReplyDelete
  4. Aw all those humming birds are so cute! I never seen four at one feeder before! And how neat that you got a picture!! :) Your ornies you made are so cute Pam! Love the ones with the paper dolls, maybe I should make a couple up with the ones you gave me!! And love the cupcake liner tag idea too! Hope you have a great weekend! xo Holly

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your ornaments are great, you're so crafty!
    Hummingbirds are super cool! Great pictures.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Virginia those are adorable! Love the girl in the basket, I think she is just right. WOW 4 hummingbirds at once? we have 2 that fight, they remind me of WWII fighter planes!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Cute! Like your tablecloth blog banner too!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi Pam,

    So nice to meet you! Your patriotic ornaments are so original! Love the cupcake liner gift tag - TOO cute! And your banner is so sweet and charming! Nothing like the fresh scent of clean sheets in the spring breeze!

    Have a great weekend!

    Poppy

    ReplyDelete
  9. Very cute! Great pics of the humming birds. Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Cute ornaments! I love all things vintage. Happy PS!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Wow..I have an occasional hummer..never more than one at a time..lucky you..

    ReplyDelete
  12. Such vintage sweetness to share. I love all thing vintage too.
    The hummingbirds are so adorable. Ours fight over the food. It is funny to watch them. They battle in mid air. We have just one right now though.

    Happy Pink Sat. and happy Father's Day weekend.
    xo, Jeanne

    ReplyDelete
  13. simply beautifully captured shots…lovely!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Seeing your feeder up - and mine is exactly like it - and being used by so many hummingbirds already makes me realize I must get mine out and filled! Wow, four at once is amazing, the most I see are two at a time! I notice your nectar is clear so am thinking you make your own, correct? I've been buying the red kind but it seems to attract bees, which is a nuisance - love bees but not on the feeder!

    Lovely ornaments, your creativity will be so enjoyed over the Fourth!
    Happy weekend..........
    Mary - A Breath of Fresh Air

    ReplyDelete
  15. I have been getting in the patriotic mood myself - love yours and it will be perfect for the 4th of July. I am now following your blog from MHC :-)

    ReplyDelete
  16. Your ornaments are lovely - how talented you are! I don't have a hummingbird feeder and I should remedy that as soon as possible!

    I'm so glad you joined in this week, Pam. It's nice to meet you!

    xo
    Claudia

    ReplyDelete
  17. Wow! They really are hungry little birds! I love hummingbirds. sorry about the storms. Your ornaments are wonderful!! I love them, so much!! It is always fun to see all the creative ideas out in blogland. sounds like a fun swap. Thanks for your kind comments about the Colorado wildfires. Yes, these fires have a life of their own. I pray they are all extinguished soon and the healing can begin. Hope you are doing great. Happy Father's Day!
    Blessings,
    Susie

    ReplyDelete
  18. Hi Pam! I put up a post of the very lovely ornament you made for me. I just love it! I finally decided to put in on my patriotic tree as a topper. I just love it there. Thank you SO very much! Have a wonderful weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  19. These are all sooo cute...and I love hummingbirds, too.
    We don't have them out here in West Texas....maybe one or two just passing thru...:)
    Over from Mockingbird

    ReplyDelete
  20. Such cute ornaments! The one you made for the swap is adorable and I love the one in the basket -- love the use of the paper dolls too! And the clever cupcake wrapper!

    ReplyDelete

Your comments make me smile! Thanks.