Vintage Tablecloths

Sharing vintage tablecloths ~ and other vintage treasures that capture my attention. Thanks for stopping by!

Monday, June 17, 2013

Patriotic Ornament Swap!

 
I couldn't wait to go to the Post Office today,
to pick up my package from Patti of Paintin-Patti.
 
Patti is my swap partner for the ornament swap
 
 
 
Oh, I love a surprise package, and I was very excited
to open this one. 
 
 
I love sweet tags,
 
 
and my tag was accompanied by this adorable cloth ~
with the saying:
the rooster may crow but the hen delivers the goods
How funny & true is that??? 
 
Look at this adorable birdhouse ornament that Patti made for me?
I love all the color and the detail, and the tiny red bird!
 
 
First I hung it on a knob on my kitchen cabinet,

 
Then I sat it on the kitchen windowsill.  Love it here.
 
 
 Sharing a spot on the metal wall sculpture in my living room.
It's great everywhere!
 
 
Look at the fun detail. 
 A  tiny birdhouse size banner, USA on the side,
 

and the sweet cherries on the other side.
 

 
Thanks to Patti I am ready to celebrate
Independence Day in style.
 
Don't miss visiting her blog, you're in for a treat.
 
Thanks again Patti, I love my birdhouse ornament, and I'm very 
happy to have you as a new blogging friend! 
 
 
Joining with:
 
 
Thrifty Things Friday at The Thrifty Groove
 
 
 

 

15 comments:

  1. Yeah! You finally got it! I'm glad you like it. It was fun to make, and I love the paperclay.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Patti, So the red bird is paperclay and you made it? More details on that please!

      Delete
  2. How adorable! What a festive birdhouse. I love the cherries too. Well done, Patti.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very cute! These swaps are so much fun to watch!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sooo cute!! I love the birdhouse with the cherries!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Cute! It looks like she put a ton of work into that piece!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Such a cute birdhouse! Love it and what a sweet swap!

    ReplyDelete
  7. What an adorable birdhouse! I love the floral print on the roof. So cute! :) --Fran

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh! That's so darling Pam! I adore the little red birdie and the mini garland is the cutest.

    I posted about my ornament for my partner today --- I'm so eager to receive mine in the mail --- I feel like a kid waiting for something to come. :)

    Happy Tuesday!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love "the rooster may crow".... so true

    ReplyDelete
  10. Really darling! I love the little cherry on the side. And the banner....it's all wonderful!

    ~Holly

    ReplyDelete
  11. That towel is priceless! LOVE the saying on it...speaking as a hen! Happy Rednesday!

    ReplyDelete
  12. How neat that really goes with your other red white and blue!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Love the red, white and blue! Thanks for joining TTF this week.

    Linda

    ReplyDelete
  14. Coming back to visit for Rednesday! Looks like she did not make a new party, but she is new at hosting so I am just happy Rednesday still exists! I have a summer book recommendation for my post this week! Hope you hop on over to check it out!

    ReplyDelete

Your comments make me smile! Thanks.