Vintage Tablecloths

Sharing vintage tablecloths ~ and other vintage treasures that capture my attention. Thanks for stopping by!

Wednesday, May 1, 2013

Mother's Day Nest & Box Craftiness!

 
 
I was smart enough to start early and have
finished my Mother's Day crafting for my Mom!
 
Package all packed and ready to go!
 
 
I missed out on the nest swap, but thought it was a terrific
idea to use for Mother's Day!
 
 
White washed this little basket and used it for the nest.
Found the sweet bird on sale at Michael's after Easter.
Made the little "my family" sign, anchored by the cutest clothespin.
 
I also wove some color into the nest since the bird was so "glitzy".
Always need a little crafting "glitz", right?
 
 
Can't forget decorating the back of the sign.
 
 
Used dragonfly ribbon on the sides.
 
 
Gotta love the birdie tail!
 
 
My Mom loved her decorated Valentine's heart candy box so much,
I decided to dress up this Russell Stover candy box.
 
Used some sweet ME paper, and added a square of scrapbook
paper to the center before embellishing.
 
 
Wrapped some pretty ribbon around the sides and topped
that with a little "bling" garland.
 
I'm so hoping she likes this box as much as the other, which she loved
so much she wanted to hang it on the wall.  Aren't Mom's the best?!!!
 
I know she'll love the chocolate covered cherries inside, and glad I'm done
so I no longer have to smell them......temptation, LOL!
 

She loves her morning tea, so I'm also sending a pretty tea cup
with some teabags tucked inside.
 
How is your Mother's Day crafting coming along?
 
Thanks for the visit my friends! 
 
 
 
Joining the Party ~ Please visit:
 
 


13 comments:

  1. Just adorable...your mom will love it!
    Happy May Day!
    Linda Lou

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awesome! I just love the bird in the nest, so pretty! And your box is decorated beautifully, too.
    Happy May Day,
    Dorothy

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sweet! You're mom will love it all!

    ~Holly

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a sweet Mother's Day gift....:) Your mom will love it all!

    Blessings, Vicky
    Life On Willie Mae Lane

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Pam!
    Thanks so much for hanging in there with me - I feel like someone's cut the hours in my day in half, where the yoohah is all the time going to?! Sorry to hear you've experienced the disappearing followers too --- so odd.
    OH! Your gift for your mommy is so very sweet and darling! I miss my mom so much and wish I could do the same for her. Your mom will adore her gift.
    Happy Hump Day!

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a lovely gift for your Mom. I really like the fabric/ribbon wrapped handle with your nest. Such many lovely touches.

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a sweet idea!! This will be my first Mother's Day without my Mom or my mother-in-law, it seems so odd to not be getting gifts ready.....

    ReplyDelete
  8. It's all so sweet Pam! :) Your mom is so lucky! She will have a lovely Mother's Day!! :) Love the way you dressed up your bird and basket!! :) Happy Thursday! xo Holly

    ReplyDelete
  9. How sweet. I know she will love the thoughtfulness you put into it. Treasure her and your day together.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Beautiful! Your mother will be so happy on her special day. I love the bird basket, it's adorable! Hope we all have a happy Mom's Day!. Big hugs,
    FABBY

    ReplyDelete
  11. How sweet! I would love something like this...for me! Sweet hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Chocolate coverd cherries, oh yum! One of my favs. Your gifts are so sweet and your mother is going to love it. Thanks for sharing with SYC.
    hugs,
    Jann

    ReplyDelete
  13. Oh Man, you are putting me to shame! I need to get rolling for sure :)

    Hope all is well! xo P

    ReplyDelete

Your comments make me smile and our open to all! Thanks.