Vintage Tablecloths

Sharing vintage tablecloths ~ and other vintage treasures that capture my attention. Thanks for stopping by!

Tuesday, April 30, 2013

Strawberry Tables Forever...

Sharing another tablescape!

A good friend came to visit for the week-end,
so of course we hit the local thrift shops.

She seems to be a good luck charm for me, because
I always find good stuff when we hit the thrifts together.
 
 
 On Friday I was very lucky...found the vintage Wilendur strawberry tablecloth,
along with two vintage towels of the same pattern!
 
 
Then on Saturday we shopped a local consignment shop, I found the set of 4 vintage
strawberry trays at 40% off...paid $2 for them, priced right for a tablescape!
 
 
Sweet Inarco S&P shakers I've used many times before,
marked copyright 1967.
 

 
Close look at the two strawberry patterns.
 
 
A few details:
Hazel Atlas Moderntone sherbet platonite glasses
vintage Fenton candlestick holders
 vintage Green Mountain Woodcrafters snack trays
thrifted bamboo design flatware
 
 
 Here is the back stamp: Green Mountain Woodcrafters,
Bristol, Vermont
 
They are imperfect, but fit the bill for my strawberry decor.
Did a little research, these are likely post-WW II.  Their wood ware
was handcrafted and not sold exclusively in Vermont, but in several states,
including tourist states, such as Florida.
 
 
Center bowl is just a florist bowl, but pretty with the candlestick holders.
Thrifted hand crocheted piece accents the bowl.
Green liqueur glasses, maker unknown.
 
The sugar and creamer are also vintage Taylor, Smith, Taylor,
style/shape is Conversation, and the pattern is Coffee Tree.
Found the sweet set the previous week-end at a Relay for Life yard sale.
Did I need them?  No!  But such a good cause and only $2!
 
 
Spring has sprung...we're not quite ready for this,
but Doyle will be soon!
 
Love It When You Visit!
 
 
Linking up this week:
 
Let's Dish at Cuisine Kathleen starting Wednesday evening
 
 



22 comments:

  1. Hi Pam!
    OH! I love all your goodies, especially your wooden strawberry trays, so darling!
    You asked if I fixed my blog problem myself - heck nope! ;) I couldn't find a thing about it on Blogger and I couldn't find how to contact a real person, so I did ... nothing. Seems to be okay now. Fingers crossed.
    Happy happy week to you! xo

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, this is my favorite!! I adore that Wilendur strawberry tablecloth!! I hope to be lucky to find one, one of these days!! Happy sweet week to you! xo Heather

    ReplyDelete
  3. Those strawberry trays are wonderful, Pam, and a great price. Love this tablescape. LOVE the folded crochet cloth lovingly placed in the dark green pedestal dish. xo

    ReplyDelete
  4. I have that same table cloth! Paid $7.00 for it! I've never seen the tea towels before, though! Nice! ♥

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love your vintage tables! This one is especially sweet with all the strawberries!! The wood trays are adorable, I've never seen any like them.
    As always you add just the right vintage pieces to complete the table.

    ReplyDelete
  6. LOVE the strawberry table cloth!!! It's so cheery!!!
    Deb

    ReplyDelete
  7. Olá, suas toalhas são lindas. Um belo achado. Adorei a bandeja e a toalha de morangos.

    Boa semana.

    Lauriane

    ReplyDelete
  8. I always learn so much about tablecloths when I visit your blog. I have two of those strawberry tablecloths but had no idea that they were Wilendur. One is perfect and one is pretty faded out but I love the shabbiness of it. I also picked up a few dish towels at a sale last year that look like they were made from another strawberry tablecloth. Unless Wildendur also made towels?

    Doyle is definitely looking ready for Summer!

    Erica

    ReplyDelete
  9. I am in love with the strawberry tablecloth! How cheery....can I come for lunch? LOL...:) The whole tablescape is so charming! I am going to keep my eyes peeled for one like it! Thanks for sharing...:)

    Blessings, Vicky
    Life On Willie Mae Lane

    ReplyDelete
  10. That strawberry tablecloth is wonderful -- so bright and cheery. A great find.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I love the TS&T Conversation dinner ware. I love that dinner ware line with the bold green ring around them.

    I have misc pieces from Conversation (Lady Helen) set, that were from my Grandmother's home.

    But I have not had a lot of luck of find it in person to buy. Sometimes I wonder if it was even sold locally.

    And that is a lovely strawberry tablecloth. I love table clothes with fruits printed on them.

    ReplyDelete
  12. I just love a good stawberry design. That is such a cheery tablescape!

    ReplyDelete
  13. That Wilendur strawberry tablecloth is divine. I can't wait to take the girls berry picking this summer. Such a beautiful tablescape.

    ReplyDelete
  14. What a cheerful tablescape! I'm amazed at how all of your recent finds pulled together so perfectly! :) --Fran

    ReplyDelete
  15. Oh I love your pretty strawberry tablecloth! I have one that is really similar, but I think mine's a little different and not sure what the name is on it. Love the dish clothes and your candle stick holders! Sounds like you had a lovely time with your friend! :) Happy May 1st! xo Holly

    ReplyDelete
  16. What a beautiful cloth. I love those strawberries. The trays are wonderful, I can see you using them often. xo marlis

    ReplyDelete
  17. Ooh I love to see your pretty finds! I have a vintage strawberry tablecloth that had a stain and I cut it down and lined it to make a smaller topper. Your vintage trays are wonderful, too. You find the best stuff.

    ReplyDelete
  18. Pam, I love that beautiful vintage tablecloth...and those wooden Vermont-made snack trays.
    Have a great week...

    ReplyDelete
  19. Your nest and box for your mom has turned out great. I have been reading your post and love your table scaps. I am so sorry it is taking me some time to respond to your sweet comment on my blog. But my computer has been running really slow not sure what is going on. Thank you so much for your sweet comments.

    ReplyDelete
  20. What a cute tablecloth!

    - The Tablescaper

    ReplyDelete
  21. Really love this table - everything is so wonderfully vintage! Those trays are fantastic. You are a great vintage hunter ;)

    ReplyDelete

Your comments make me smile! Thanks.