Vintage Tablecloths

Sharing vintage tablecloths ~ and other vintage treasures that capture my attention. Thanks for stopping by!

Tuesday, April 23, 2013

Flowers, Butterflies, Birds & Bees Tablescape!

 
Birds are singing, bees are buzzing, butterflies are flitting...
all over my Spring table. 

 


How much more spring like could a table be ~vivid flowers,
and butterfly~bird~bee accents.
 
We're all dressed up for the challenge at
this week.
 
 
My table starts with a vintage E/S Town & Country tablecloth.  This ID was
provided to me by a member of the Vintage Tablecloth Lovers Club, a fun club
with great resource information. Stop by the public pages if you can!
 
 
My mid-century modern dishes are Russel Wright - Casual China - by Iroquois.
Napkins are vintage Vera with fern & butterfly design. 
 
I added vintage butterfly and bee pins to the table. 
 
 
Candleholders are new Homer Laughlin Fiesta. 
 
 
You can spy a little bee and butterfly pin flitting around the top of the flowers. 
 
 
Vintage butterfly pins on the napkin and on the bowl cover.
 
 
More vintage pins on the other napkin.
 
 
The  blue pitcher is vintage Cronin-tulip pattern, and
belonged to my Mom. 
 
The sweet birds are all pie birds.  The Cardinal is newer Pflatzgraf and
the sweet yellow chick is a vintage Josef Original.
 
 
This sweet bluebird piebird is watching over her nest.
 

SPRING.....a time of renewal and growth,
and now also a time of healing of the body for some, 
and of the soul for all of us, due to our recent trying times.  
 
We're all dressed up for the challenge at
Let's Dish at Cuisine Kathleen this week.
It starts Wednesday, so treat yourself to a visit!

Also joining:
Share Your Cup Thursday at Have a Daily Cup of Mrs. Olson.
Jann's blog is great, stop by and visit her also!

  & Thanks much for visiting me!

Sorry Doyle, no rubber chickens on the table! 
 


29 comments:

  1. This is so fun with everything vintage! Love the Russell Wright and tablecloth for sure. The pins are a great addition too. Cute little pie bird.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your table is sooo pretty and fun for spring! I love all the details, those candle stick holders are fabulous and those cute little butterfly pins are so sweet there! :) Oh Doyle...to cute!! :) :) Wonderful job on your table Pam! xo Holly

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your table is very pretty. I spy Fiesta tripod candle holders. I can't tell if they are lemongrass or chartreuse. Your pie birds are so adorable.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love your pretty spring time table. I haven't ever seen this tablecloth before. It is really bright and cheery.

    xo Danielle

    ReplyDelete
  5. Gorgeous colours and lovely china. What a happy tablecloth.
    Doyle says,come on mum one more,:)

    ReplyDelete
  6. So cute Pam and perfect for the party! Oh how I love that pie bird! Poor Doyle. lol!
    hugs,
    Jann

    ReplyDelete
  7. Very pretty! Your tablecloth is beautiful:@)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Your tablecloth is just gorgeous. Love the touch of the pie blue birds too. Such a cheery table. We have another day of wintery mix/rain in our forecast. I might just need to stare at your table for awhile today.

    ReplyDelete
  9. You have such a wonderful knack for creating the perfect table! That tablecloth is absolutely perfect for Spring.

    Have a great day!

    Erica

    ReplyDelete
  10. Love the attention to details..the butterflies and mama birdie. I would not of thought to use the green candlesticks with the blue..but looks wonderful!

    ReplyDelete
  11. What a pretty table! Love the tablecloth and the blue of the dishes is perfect!
    hugs, Linda

    ReplyDelete
  12. So beautiful and I love the tablecloth and sweet bluebird!! Have a lovely week! xo Heather

    ReplyDelete
  13. Beautiful tablescape with so many bright colors! Such a cute pup!

    ~Trisha

    ReplyDelete
  14. What a gorgeous table....so fresh and springy! I love the tablecloth and napkins! I have recently started collecting vintage tablecloths and would love to find some bright and cheery ones like yours...:) Thanks for sharing!

    Blessings, Vicky
    Life On Willie Mae Lane

    ReplyDelete
  15. Oh Pam, the tablecloth just sets the stage for all your prettiness! Isn't the pattern so colorful and fun??!! Your pie birds are adorable. What treasures you have shared.

    ReplyDelete
  16. I love the vintage Vera napkins, and your collection of pie birds. The tablecloth is wonderful. Doyle looks like such a sweetie!

    ReplyDelete
  17. I am just loving every part of your table! The colors and delightful patterns are beautiful!

    Kindly, Lorraine

    ReplyDelete
  18. Your bird is so cute! Beautiful spring table, love all the bright colors...Christine

    ReplyDelete
  19. Everything looks beautiful down to the smallest detail! I love that little bluebird watching over her egg ;)

    ReplyDelete
  20. This is the prettiest tablecloth for Spring! I love your blue modern china by Russel Wright. The addition of the sweet pins are perfect next to the flowers on the linens. My favorite is the pie birds you have used in the tablescape. I really appreciate your kind comments. Your pup is really precious with the chicken toy in his mouth.

    Pam

    ReplyDelete
  21. The pie birds have stolen my heart! Each and every one is such a little work of art. Love the tablecloth!!! Your dishes are so fitting. Just love this happy, cheerful table. have a blessed week. xo marlis

    ReplyDelete
  22. Oh I love all the colors you used with your table! Such fun. Makes me want to sit right down and enjoy the meal.
    Thanks for visiting my blog

    ReplyDelete
  23. Every time I visit your blog, Pam, I reminisce about all the beautiful linens from my childhood. I like how you have mixed the bees & butterflies in with the pretty florals! Your candlesticks are REALLY unique!!!

    Have a wonderful weekend!!!! (visiting from Cuisine Kathleen's blog party)

    ReplyDelete
  24. Beautiful tablecloth, Pam! ♥ all the blue and green...guess I had lots of company with that combination this week.
    Have a great week...

    ReplyDelete
  25. What a lovely tablecloth the candle holders are great as are the dishes.
    Denise

    ReplyDelete
  26. I think I can safely say that this is the prettiest tablescape I've ever, EVER seen! I've got a bunch of piebirds, but now I think I need to see about adding a bluebird to the collection!

    ReplyDelete
  27. Such pretty colors, what a beautiful tablescape. So many beautiful details...and then....DOYLE!!! Love to see your beautiful dog! :) --Fran

    ReplyDelete
  28. Your piebirds captured my heart -- especially love the little bluebird. The tablescape is so uplifting with the vibrant colors and all of those butterflies.

    Debra

    ReplyDelete
  29. What a sweet tablecloth, and your birdies are so cute!
    Thanks for linking to the challenge at Let's Dish!

    ReplyDelete

Your comments make me smile and our open to all! Thanks.