Vintage Tablecloths

Sharing vintage tablecloths ~ and other vintage treasures that capture my attention. Thanks for stopping by!

Sunday, March 10, 2013

Ephemera...Easter & St. Pat's

Do you enjoy vintage ephemera?
 If so, I think you'll enjoy this post!
 
WARNING: Sugar overload, because there is
a whole lot of sweet here!
 
 
Sharing some vintage Easter & St. Patrick's Day cards!
 
 
I may have shared these vintage postcards in a tablesetting,
but they are worth a second glance.



 Last year's St. Patricks Day table...I incorporated the postcards.
 
 
Love the sentiment here.
Happy St. Patrick's Day!
 
On to Easter...
postcards, greeting cards, and pottery to share
 
 
Sweet!
 
 
Vintage Shawnee 1940's planter
 
 
Vintage Napco 1960's planter
 
 
Not as vintage...1990 sweet teapot signed Mitchell(?) WV
 
 
Postcards are very vintage, from the early 1900s
 
 
Mid-Century romantic Easter cards with satin inserts.
 
 
Signed by "Ray", who sure was a romantic guy.  Looks like his sentimental
wife saved her cards for years.  Wish I could give her a name too.
 
 
Sweet little verses!
 
 
and more warm sentiments
 
 
We only know her name as "Mommie".
 
 
Ready for the sweetest honeycomb card?
 
Nice to see Ray was still giving her lovely cards in 1964!
 
 
 
How adorable is this card?
 
 
Hope you enjoyed all my vintage cuties!
 
 
Doyle says thanks for stopping by!                                  Spoolie I made for my swap partner!
 
 
& If your Dad or Uncle or Grandfather or Brother was
named Ray, think about whether he could be the "signer" of these cards.
Wouldn't that be amazing?
 
 
 
Linking with:
 
Thrifty Things Friday-#100! at The Thrifty Groove
 
REDNESDAY! @ It's A Very Cherry World
 
 

22 comments:

  1. I love these vintage cards! What a sweet collection! Hugs, Linda

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love all your sweet vintage things Pam!! Those Easter ones are so darling! And that honeycomb card...wow weee that's pretty!! :) I absolutely love vintage cards! And I love when there's a date in them too! Happy Sunday!! *post office said expected date for your package is tomorrow (Monday) :) So I hope you get it tomorrow!! xox Holly

    ReplyDelete
  3. The Easter postcards are so adorable. Thank you for sharing!

    Ray had/has a very fortunate wife!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I don't just adore it, I HAVE to have it!!!! Vintage children's holiday cards are one of my MAJOR weakness's.....I am always on the lookout, and I have hundreds of the images, just don't know what do with them all...lol

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love old cards - and the honeycomb one is just the sweetest - lucky you!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. OH, YES, I do LOVE vintage Easter cards and decorations! It's my favorite holiday!
    deb

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh my goodness. You have quite the Easter card collection. I'm thrilled with what you shared with me in our swap. I have them on a very special display in my living room (soon to be displayed later this week). That rabbit teapot was gift 20 years ago at a bridal shower. How fun that we share this too. Easter hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a great collection! I love vintage cards, love to read the handwritten sentiments...what a peach of a guy Ray was! Doyle looks positively regal in that portrait pose, such a sweet pup. :) --Fran

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh Wow! Ray was so sweet to his wife! I love reading all the vintage cards I find. It's so amazing to think about the people who gave them, and the love that must have been between them!
    Your collection is beautiful!
    Erica :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. I am a sucker for vintage cards and postcards..just can't pass them up. The honeycomb one is so cute.

    ReplyDelete
  11. You sure have an awesome collection of vintage cards! I really love that honeycomb one so sweet!

    ReplyDelete
  12. That honeycomb card is the best! And the Shawne bunny planter is cute...and frightening at the same. 0_o

    ReplyDelete
  13. Wonderful Pam! I love the honeycomb hat the best!

    ReplyDelete
  14. You have so many pretty bits and pieces from Easters and St. Paatty's Days gone by.
    Thank you for sharing,
    Smiles,
    Carolynn xo

    ReplyDelete
  15. Wow, that is some great collection of cards and planters, etc. The pink shamrock cloth is pretty! Ray seems to be a wonderful man!! So nice of you to share.
    Thank you for your input on my post about controlling spam. I am going to not allow anonymous comments any more and hope that helps as I have allowed this since I began blogging, but I am deleting so many spams that it is getting crazy! You know it takes a while to learn the is and outs of blogger and that is why I just asked the girls. I figured I could get good advise. It was so sweet of you to give me yours. So I hope this helps. Have a good rest of the week!
    Blessings,
    Susie

    ReplyDelete
  16. Vintage cards - love them!! Every one is just sweet!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Very nice collection! Old cards had such charm-- and think if what they cost!! What a fabulous spoolie too!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Hi Pam! Digging myself out from under all this paperwork to say Hellloooooooooo!

    Oh! What a wonderful collection you have, so much fun. I adore all your bunny planters and tea pot and I can't get enough of vintage cards.

    Happy St. Patrick's Day to you! Woof woof to Doyle, he looks like he must be from the Emerald Isle, such a fine Irish lad with his copper hair ;)

    ReplyDelete
  19. Cute, cute Pam. Deginately worth a second look. Even a third, and fourth, and (well, you get the picture). Love the honeycomb card. It's always a delight to read the sweet sentiments. Your spoolie is so cute. My partner got hers today and I received mine last week. Love, love mine. I will be showing both in a post on Monday.
    hugs,
    Jann

    ReplyDelete
  20. You are so right....so much sweetness!! I adore all those vintage cards. What fun treasures. Thank you for sharing at TTF and Happy St. Patrick's Day!

    ReplyDelete
  21. Lovely post! So many great holiday treasures! Love the cute card with the honeycomb hat!!

    ReplyDelete
  22. Nothing is ever too sweet for me! I loved seeing all your treasures. Thank you for sharing!

    ReplyDelete

Your comments make me smile and our open to all! Thanks.