Vintage Tablecloths

Sharing vintage tablecloths ~ and other vintage treasures that capture my attention. Thanks for stopping by!

Sunday, February 24, 2013

Thrifties & Skotch Kooler Grill!

 
Did a little rainy day thrift shopping on Saturday.
 

 Love these old labels, Mr. Retro is going to make a
frame ~ I have the perfect spot for it in the kitchen.
 
 
Found some semi-vintage cards, from the 80's.
 

The little girls are especially sweet. 
 
 
Sweet vintage pink chick and vintage wooden spool.
Wonder what I might be doing with those!
 

Mr. Retro found this cast-off library book ~ Card Crafting.
I'll be looking for some crafty ideas here! 
 
 
Sweet little West Germany candle holder ~
with a robin for spring....which is out there somewhere!
 
 
 Ooh La La!  Last, but not least, a mid-century "Skotch Kooler" grill. 

Skotch Koolers were copyrighted in 1952.  My mother had one
and always packed it with ice, drinks and sandwiches for a
summer trip to the beach.  But this is a charcoal grill!
 
Who knew they also made a grill?
What a fun find!
 

 
Never used, still has the original label.
"Scientifically Tested", gotta love it!  
 
Now, here's Doyle, who always wants his say. 
 

 

Have a terrific week!

 Linking with:
 
Thrifty Things Friday at The Thrifty Groove
&
 Vintage Thingie Thursday at Colorado Lady
 &
 Share Your Cup Thursday at Have a Daily Cup of Mrs. Olson
 &

 REDNESDAY! at It's a Very Cherry World


 


29 comments:

  1. Oh my gosh Pam that grill is awesome! I have a kooler (like a dummy I put it out on my porch one year and it got somewhat sun faded) Still love it. Who knew they made a grill. What a unique find. I think Doyle is wanting one of those hot dogs in the photo above him. lol! I remember having some of those little girl cards. Great finds!
    hugs,
    Jann

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh Jann, I'll remember not to leave mine out in the sun! You're right, Doyle does love hot dogs, LOL!

      Delete
  2. OH I love your Scotch cooler..what a find. I think your pink chick is adorable!

    ReplyDelete
  3. .the tag is still on it. Very cool. I can't wait to see what kind of frame your husband will make for the labels.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yup, tag still on it! Honestly, I would be afraid to use it, LOL!

      Delete
  4. You found alot of goodies I love that cooler and those little girl cards are super sweet :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's hard for me to pass up vintage greeting and/or post cards!

      Delete
  5. I didn't see the pink chick or spool. Promise (wink wink). Lots of fun goodies. Love your sweet cards.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Kim, That's right...No, you didn't see the spool and chick, LOL!

      ps/ According to the tracking, you should get your package on Mar. 4th, hope so! :)

      Delete
  6. Those little girl cards are simply precious! And I've seen many of the Skotch Koolers, but never a grill. What a great find!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Carol, Never saw the grill by Skotch Kooler either!
      Mr. Retro was with me and he loved it, so I can blame that purchase on him, LOL...not that I would have left it!

      Delete
  7. Pam you found so many fun goodies! Love those sweet vintage cards and that wooden spool too! :) Happy new week! I'm having a giveaway on my blog would love if you'd enter! :) xo Hugs! Holly

    ReplyDelete
  8. Lots of cute finds but oh that Scotch Grill is amazing!
    hugs, Linda

    ReplyDelete
  9. xoxoxoxoxoxoxoxo

    That's all I've got for you girlfriend!!

    THANK YOU :)

    xo P

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aw shucks...wish I could give you a real hug! xo

      Delete
  10. That Skotch Kooler is a incredible find. I have not seen one of those plaid beauties, that was a grill before. And I am now curious how it cooked without the heat doing damage to the beautiful red plaid...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I wonder too. I would be afraid it just would turn into an inferno! But I'll never know, it will remain unused. :)

      Delete
  11. I am a card freak, old and new. In fact, I think some of the vintage ones have more character to them. You did good on your outing.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks LV, Love vintage cards and postcards!

      Delete
  12. Like everyone else I think the grill

    ReplyDelete
  13. Hi Pam! Guess what.... you won my giveaway!! :) Congrats! I'll be sending it out next week :) Hope you have a wonderful weekend!! xo Holly

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Eeeeeeek! I'm squealing with joy Holly! xo, Pam

      Delete
  14. You had me at all those lovely tablecloths on your blog header. Swooooon! Cute kitchy plaid cooler too. I'm over from Damita's Pretty Wrap and a new follower. Love your blog.

    Danielle

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much for visiting and becoming a follower! I always enjoy comments about my tablecloths, because I love them. I'm going to visit you too. :) Pam

      Delete
  15. Oh, that cooler grill is just awesome! What a cool find. I have never heard of that before. the cooler alone is worth buying it and then to have a grill sends it over the top! Love it! thank you for sharing with us at TTF.

    ReplyDelete

Your comments make me smile and our open to all! Thanks.