Vintage Tablecloths

Sharing vintage tablecloths ~ and other vintage treasures that capture my attention. Thanks for stopping by!

Sunday, February 17, 2013

Do You President's Day?

 
 
PRESIDENT'S DAY!
 
Ten years ago we moved to Virginia, birthplace of Presidents!
 
George Washington
George Washington
 
Our nations first President was born in Virginia,
as were 4 of the first 5 Presidents.
 
portrait of Thomas Jefferson
Thomas Jefferson
 
Eight Presidents were born in Virginia,
more than any other state.
 
portrait of James Madison
James Madison
&
portrait of James Monroe
James Monroe
 
Also, William Henry Harrison, John Tyler,
Zachary Taylor and Woodrow Wilson.
 
Go Virginia!!!
 
I read an article calling it a "quirky" holiday.  Quirky or not, however you celebrate,
whether enjoying a community celebration, watching a parade,
 just relaxing while enjoying a long week-end, or hitting a great sale....
 
 
Doyle says...have a great President's Day!  
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 


12 comments:

  1. Hi Pam - You and I have been partnered for Sandy's Easter spoolie swap. Send me an email so that we can exchange addresses. Happy President's day!

    kenwardk@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Done! Nice to meet you Kim. This will be fun! :) Pam

      Delete
  2. Mr Doyle you are so regal and a very handsome boy. Love, Siggy, Miss Tina, and Mama JoanQ!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah, and he knows it too! Have a terrific day. I'm looking at the surfboard magnet Joan, because it's COLD here...feeling warmer now. :) Pam

      Delete
    2. Wow, Virginia DOES grow a lot of presidents! I think President's Day is a welcome break in an otherwise dreary winter; I'm planning on doing a little bit of fun shopping and then relaxing for the rest of the day. Cutie-Pie Doyle looks like he thinks President's Day is a day for relaxing, too! Hope you have a wonderful day! :) --Fran

      Delete
  3. Happy Presidents day! I'm planning to go to hobby lobby with my mom and friend today! Hoping to find some fun spring things....(like that's ever a problem in that store!) lol. Happy new week! Doyle is so cute! xo Holly

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh Holly, Have fun at Hobby Lobby...how could you not, right? :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Pam!
    I picked up your comment earlier today while we were out at the movies waiting for Les Mis to begin. :)
    Oh! It would have been so much fun if we'd been partners for the Easter Swap, I would have loved that! I nearly told Sandy "not" to partner me with several people as I would have died from performance anxiety - I recognize some that are SCARY mondo-talented. shiver shiver shake. Too much pressure. And I'd drive myself bananas. BANANAS. ;)
    Doyle looks like he was ready to pass a pleasant Presidents Day with his red and blue leash and collar. Hope you all had fun in the birthplace of Presidents! (When I was sixteen, my boyfriend was from Fredericksburg, VA.)
    Happy week to you!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Pam!
    yawn stretch! I need to go find my spool too. I don't think there were any specs stated about the spools huh? I don't even know how to attach stuff to my spoolie whoa Nellie hahaha - big learning curve on this one. This is going to be fun!

    Happy Tuesday!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sally, you crack me up....I wish I had your email addy!

      Delete
  7. Hey Pam,
    I always love to "meet" a fellow Virginian, I was born and bred here, did the Navy bring you to Virginia?
    I am in Franklin which is about an hour west of the Norfolk/Virginia Beach area.
    I am a new follower too :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Jenny! Nice to meet you! Mr. Retro works in boat building, so that's how we landed here in beautiful VA. We're up on the middle peninsula. Going to visit your blog now. Thanks for following! Pam

      Delete

Your comments make me smile! Thanks.