Vintage Tablecloths

Sharing vintage tablecloths ~ and other vintage treasures that capture my attention. Thanks for stopping by!

Sunday, February 10, 2013

Antique-Flea Market Finds!

Big Flea Antique Show!
 
 
Each year I look forward to attending one of the "Big Flea Antique Market" shows. 
For us, it's a BIG February treat! 
 
The winter doldrums have set in, and this antique-flea market really is the cure!  
We had a 2 hour drive to get there.  A very long day, but so worth it. 
This year, even more so because  I got to meet an online friend, Patrice. 
You can visit her sweet blog here at Sentimentally Me.
 
By now you're wondering if  I'm ever going to say anything
about the adorable bunny towel heading this post.  I bought it
from Patrice at the show.  She  made it!  She sews, crochets, knits,
quilts, and more.   She had the most incredible booth!
 
 
I know!!!  &  I got these from her too.
 

I do love me some vintage buttons, LOL!
 

 
Of course you want to see more of her booth. 
Yup, I hear you "oohing" and "aahing" over
her linens and the vintage typewriter, well everything!
 
Go visit her blog and her Etsy shop....eye candy!
 
 
Here is my modest haul.  I really had to defer to the budget some,
(aren't those Christmas bills a reality check by February? sigh!)
but I still brought home some great vintage goodies.
 
 
Of course there would be linens!
Two tablecloths, and 1 topper, 2 embroidered pillowcases and a few hankies.
 

Just love the orange and yellow mod style hankie!
  
 
Seriously, could a vintage tablecloth collector walk by pink pine cones? 
 No way!
 
 
Or walk by this sweet floral topper when Valentine's Day is around the corner?
 
 
The "piece de resistance" of my day?
This gorgeous Wilendur ~ Dahlia
 
 
Just love this tablecloth, it looks like spring ~ & lets me
believe I will live through the winter doldrums!
 

Couldn't leave without some fun jewelry, and luckily found some handcrafted pieces!
The sweet initial pendant came with the extra ribbon necklace and bag.
I especially love the face pin...everything in that booth was made from bent spoons!  
 
 
Mr. Retro even found a treasure, this set of handcrafted little cups, shot glasses?
 
Tired and tapped out, we headed home.....but wait!!!
 
 
When a girl sees a HOBBY LOBBY...of which there are NONE
where she lives,  of course she has to stop & shop! 
(What did I say earlier about those credit card bills?)
I know what you're thinking, so ~ no, I have no idea what I'll do with
 the monkey stickers, they were just too funny to pass up, LOL!
 
Whew, got a little carried away here with a long post, but just
had to include it all. 
 
 
Doyle Says:
Thanks for visiting Mom's blog!  We love all our blogging friends!
 
Happy Valentine's Week!
 
 Joining With:

Thrifty Things Friday  at the Thrifty Groove
 
 
 
 

35 comments:

  1. I would of loved to of been able to join you on your flea market trip and to of met Patrice. It looks like she has great stuff! I am sure you ad a great time!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm on the look out for stuff like this too, but I try to get them thrifting first at low prices before I go to flea markets and antique shops.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ditto....but everyone needs to treat themselves to an actual show now and then. Don't you think? So much eye candy, even if you don't buy.

      Delete
  3. I think it was well worth the drive!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh, I agree Jill! Until spring hits, I'll travel, LOL!

      Delete
  4. Oh, those pink pinecones are gorgeous, what a pretty tablecloth. And Ms. Wilma has a crush on Doyle!
    xoxo,
    Dorothy

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh my goodness!!! You really got some sweet things! Love it, definitely looks like a flea market I'd love to attend!! :) So many sweet treasures you got, and oh my.....I LOVE Hobby Lobby!! Glad you were able to find one and go! :) Happy new week!! xo Holly

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Holly, Guess you are on of the lucky ones who has a Hobby Lobby nearby? Nice! :) It was great store, ven though my time was kinda limited.

      Delete
  6. Amazing finds! I also love the tablecloth with the pink pinecones! Have a great Valentine's Week!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know...pink pinecones? Its just so sweet. Thanks!

      Delete
  7. Looks like you had a great time and found some wonderful things! Love the tablecloths! Oh and Hobby Lobby is a place you can get lost in!! Love the monkey stickers!
    hugs,
    Linda

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Linda! I'm gonna have fun with those monkey stickers, LOL!

      Delete
  8. Great Finds! I went to a couple shops this weekend and I couldn't believe the prices on the Wilendur's! I hope I find my first one at the fleas this summer.
    Love the mod hankie! And I've only been to a Hobby Lobby one time, and it was down in Iowa. I think we have one down in southern MN but that's it! I would be in there all the time if I was close to one.
    I bet you had so much fun!
    Thanks for sharing Pam-
    Erica :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Erica, Yup, if you wait til spring I'm sure you'll find a Wilendur at the fleas or estate sale. This is only the 2nd one I've bought at a show, I'm too cheap, LOL!

      Delete
  9. ooooohhhh! Looks like you got a lot of pretties Pam!

    I've been meaning to ask you, how does one figure out how to price vintage linens? I inherited a few cloths from my mom but don't know where to begin??? They were used so aren't in pristine condition but I know that people like them for pillows etc. too, if not good enough for a tablecloth.

    Happy happy Valentines Day to you and your hubby and Doyle too! xo

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love that table cloth with the pink pine cones! And I would have snatched it up too!

    I had not realize that Hobby Lobby had not invaded everyone's neighborhood. I have three near by. And when they have sales... I end up in all of them. They are indeed a fun and dangerous store when those clearance sales start up.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hobby Lobby X3??? You must live in a very "crafty" area, LOL! Or in/near a big city? Lucky you!

      Delete
  11. Good Morning!!

    We are finally dug out of this latest wintery mess! Thanks for the shout out here, and guess what?? I logged some hours in that HOBBY LOBBY myself while in Fredericksburg! woo!! love that place :)

    xo P

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Patrice, Glad to hear you are dug out, whew! That was an incredible storm! That was my first Hobby Lobby experience, LOL~hoping for more! :)

      Delete
  12. I just visited Patrice's blog.....LOOOOVE the bunny towel that she made! Oh, and now I'm on a mission to find one of those tablecloths with the pink pinecones. You ALWAYS find the best and most unique ones!
    Happy REDnesday!
    Carol

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Isn't that bunny just the cutest! Saving it til closer to Easter before I put it on display in the kitchen. I just lucked out finding the pink pinecones! The dealer had mostly vintage clothes in her booth, but I spied the basket of linens half hidden in the back. :)

      Delete
  13. I follow Patrice as well, that's great that you got to meet her! And those buttons are lovely! I have never been to a Hobby Lobby, if I ever saw one I would stop in my tracks and drop any plans because I would have to check it out! Lucky you! :)
    --Fran

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I met Patrice "online" because we are both members of the VTLC (Vintage Tablecloth lovers Club), so of course I follow her blog too. Was ecstatic when I saw she would be at the show we were going to! Hobby Lobby, AC Moore, Michaels...they're all good, LOL!

      Delete
  14. Happy Valentine's Day, my friend!
    What a delight. I love all your vintage finds...and it's wonderful hearing all about Patrice, too. I would have loved to tag along with you...even if it was a two hour trip. I couldn't help but savor all the red items in your photos.
    Have a Happy Heart Day!
    Blessings,
    Carolynn xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  15. Love the vintage finds! Pink pine cones on a tablecloth!!! Doesn't get much better than that! You have a new follower- as I adore vintage textiles and kitchen items.
    ~Tanya

    ReplyDelete
  16. Sounds like you had a great day ! I love all the vintage linens you found!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks~they are a wonderful thing to love. Thanks for visiting!

      Delete
  17. Hi Pam! Thanks so very much for your input re my mystery cloth :) I will try that!

    Happy Valentines!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Let me know how it goes Sally...cause now I feel a little responsible, LOL!

      Delete
  18. Your vintage linens are fabulous! That must have been a really fun trip!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Yup girl you got me oohing and ahhing. Great linens for your collection. Glad hubby found a little something to make him happy. Laughing at the monkey stickers. have a 13 year old grand daughter that collects sock monkeys. She has about 10 or so. I'm sure I'll picking some of those stickers up for her. Thanks for sharing with SYC.
    hugs,
    Jann

    ReplyDelete
  20. What a fun day you must have had! And I love all of your haul! You really found some wonderful vintage linens! Thank you for sharing them with us at TTF.

    ReplyDelete

Your comments make me smile and our open to all! Thanks.