Vintage Tablecloths

Sharing vintage tablecloths ~ and other vintage treasures that capture my attention. Thanks for stopping by!

Wednesday, December 19, 2012

Little Houses...made of ticky tacky

 
 
Finally set up my little village houses
maybe made of ticky tacky....like in that fun "Weeds" theme song.
 
I painted each and every one of them, which makes me proud
since I'm not a very crafty person.
 
I usually add a new figurine each year, but this year
I added the little trees tipped with snow.
 
 
 
Gas Station and Church
 
 
Book Store (whew-look at that orange, maybe
I ran out of other colors).
 
 
City Hall
 
 
couple of homes
 
 
and the Railroad Station
 
 
Wishing all of you and your families
a warm, wonderful, peaceful Christmas!
 
 
 
Maybe even a white one! 
 
&
 
Thanks so much for your visits this year.
 
 
 
Linking with:
 
Share Your Cup Thursday at Have a Daily Cup of Mrs. Olson
 
 Thrifty Things Friday at The Thrifty Groove
 
Seasonal Sundays at the Tablescaper
 

11 comments:

  1. Awww! I think your houses are so special! I'd love to have a bunch that I had painted myself! Great Job, and Happy Holidays to you!
    Erica :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Isn't there something sweet about a little row of houses, painted and/or glittered, with a few bottle brush trees thrown in, that seems to say Christmas??!!

    A very Merry Christmas to you!!!
    Sandie

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very sweet. Love the add'n of the trees.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I just love your Christmas village, especially the Railroad Station. Also liked the snowed-in tractor. But what is ticky tacky?
    Merry Christmas,
    Dorothy

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. "Little Boxes" is a song written by Malvina Reynolds in 1962, which became a hit for her friend Pete Seeger in 1963.

      The song is a political satire about the development of suburbia and associated conformist middle-class attitudes. It refers to suburban tract housing as "little boxes" of different colors "all made out of ticky-tacky", and which "all look just the same." "Ticky-tacky" is a reference to the shoddy material used in the construction of housing of that time.

      This is from Wikipedia.

      Delete
  5. I love the villages, always wanted the Dickens Village but could not afford it. I think mine is a Walmart one circa 1990! How wonderful you painted yours.
    Merry Christmas!

    ReplyDelete
  6. How fun! I love Christmas villages! Thank you for sharing this with us at TTF. I hope you and your family have a wonderful Christmas!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love your houses Pam! Great job on the painting. Just curious, what is ticky tacky? Never heard of it. The snow covered tractor is awesome! Thanks so much for sharing with Share Your Cup. Have a wonderful Christmas!
    Hugs,
    Jann

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. See answer on the comment above! Little boxes made of ticky tacky...

      Delete
  8. nice photos :)
    XX

    would you like to follow each other?
    http://oohmarly.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love your Christmas village Pam! Wishing you and your dear ones a very Merry Christmas!

    ReplyDelete

Your comments make me smile and our open to all! Thanks.