Vintage Tablecloths

Sharing vintage tablecloths ~ and other vintage treasures that capture my attention. Thanks for stopping by!

Sunday, November 4, 2012

I've Got "Thrift" Finds!

 
I just haven't done a post on them, with so much going on
with the storm for the last week or so. 
Want to see? 
 
 
I found a little bit of everything at an annual sale & auction
that raises funds for the community help groups in our County.
 
A wonderful cause to donate items to, and also a
wonderful excuse to spend some money on new thrifty items!
 
 
Here's a couple closer shots of the goodies.  
Pyrex S & P, Christmas candleholders, china ring holder,
so many fifty cent & one dollar items!
 
 
Sweet cherry enamel pin, chicken tea light, candle bobeches, old creamer.
 
 
Now, what do I keep & what do I part with?
Always the difficult question!
 
 
You knew there would be vintage tablecloths?  Of course!
Sweet fringed round Christmas, probably 1960's  for a dollar,
and  a newer Williams-Sonoma chickens design for 2 dollars.
 
I gave the rooster-chicken design tablecloth to a
friend who has chickens.  Fair trade~she gives me eggs!
 
 
Love the stemmed roses for a dollar, but how sweet
is the one with the violets?
 
 
 
I had to pay all of fifty cents since it has a couple stains.
Boo Hoo! 
It's hard to say Boo Hoo when you're smiling from ear to ear!
 

A heavy BATES king bedspread for $3.
 
 
 

Sweet bamboo design mid-century dishes by
American Heritage, $1.50 for the 3-pieces.
 
 
Set of Carrigaline mugs made in Cork, Ireland.
I'll be using them in next St. Pat's Day tablescape!
Paid $2 for the set of 5, but 2 of them had small chips.
Still a bargain!
 
 
 Couldn't resist this MIJ relish dish for a dollar.  Can you see~ the
mushrooms have holes for toothpicks for olives or cheese cubes.
 
 
Couple of nice signed pottery pieces, one of them
by Emerson Creek Pottery, Bedford, VA.  Yeah~a dollar for both.
 
A dollar was a popular price at this sale!
 
 
Couldn't end without showing the Dansk enamelware dish, a fav for this retro lover.
 
Hazel Atlas covered candydish and a refrigerator dish peeking from behind.
(Do I really need to mention that dollar again?)
 
Sorry if I overdid the photos. 
Hope you enjoyed seeing my finds, I sure enjoyed finding them!
& as always.........thanks for visiting!
 
Linking with ~
 
at It's a Very Cherry World
 
at Have a Daily Cup of Mrs. Olson
 
at The Thrifty Groove
 
  
PS/My heart goes out to all the folks affected by the storm.  The pictures are hard to take, so I can't even imagine "living" it.  It is lifting each time I see a blogger able to check-in to let us know they are okay.  Hugs to all of you! 
 
 


18 comments:

  1. Great finds, Pam. And a great price :-) xo

    ReplyDelete
  2. Pm I don't know what I love more the violet tablecloth or that mushroom tidbit plate. Or maybe the refrig dish or the candy dish or the...well all of it I guess. GREAT bargains! Hugs, Linda

    ReplyDelete
  3. What wonderful things you found; and for such a good cause, too!
    Nancy

    ReplyDelete
  4. WOW, look at that haul, I bet you have so much fun!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Some really great finds! I can see lots of wonderful tablescapes on the horizon!

    ReplyDelete
  6. It's always so much fun thrifting.
    I am in the middle of taking a lot of my thrifts back to the stores...getting ready to move.
    xo bj

    ReplyDelete
  7. oops, meant to add that my favorite is the set of Irish mugs....I love those to pieces. :))

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh, those pretty violets are gorgeous, stains or not. You found some good stuff, love the candle holders too!

    ReplyDelete
  9. First of all I am so happy you are alright from that terrible Sandy. You sure have some fun photos to look at from your vintage treasure hunting! I really like the Pyrex S&P shakers, and of course the little chicken table cloth. Your friend with the chickens is probably very happy!
    Blessings,
    Susie

    ReplyDelete
  10. What a great sale! I can't believe the prices, especially the price on the Bates bedspread. I love everything but my favorite is definitely the round Christmas tablecloth with the fringe. I can't wait to see what you do with it. Thanks for sharing:-)

    Erica

    ReplyDelete
  11. Glad to hear you survived the storm!
    Love the Irish mugs~ I'm a sucker for anything with a shamrock on it!!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Oh good grief, you found SO many great things! Love the tablecloths, especially the violet one. It makes me smile, because it reminds me of a sale that we go to every year while on vacation. The seller always has vintage tablecloths on the tables, and every year I ask if she will sell the one with the violets, and every year she tells me NO. Now she remembers me and says NO before I can even ask!
    Happy REDnesday,
    Carol

    ReplyDelete
  13. You scored on the chicken tablecloth!

    Popped in from Rednesday.

    thriftshopcommando.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  14. Great red tablecloths!! Love saving money and find great items.
    Ann

    ReplyDelete
  15. Hi Pam, I alwys love seeing your bargains! My favorites are the shamrock mugs (sigh)!!!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Wow, you found some wonderful thrifted treasures! Love the linens and I can't believe the prices! And all for a good cause! Yay! thank you for sharing all this thrifty fabulousness at TTF and have a blessed weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Hi Pam,
    you certainly made a haul girl. Great finds and for a good cause to boot. I especially love the embroidered pieces. Glad to have you share with Share Your Cup again!
    Hugs,
    Jann

    ReplyDelete

Your comments make me smile and our open to all! Thanks.