Vintage Tablecloths

Sharing vintage tablecloths ~ and other vintage treasures that capture my attention. Thanks for stopping by!

Saturday, October 13, 2012

Pumpkins & A Pumpkin Eater!

 
Sharing a few photos to join in
Pumpkin-Pink Saturday
 & Seasonal Sundays
 
 
Recipe for a quick post to join in:
 
Start with a Halloween theme bandanna.
 
Find (the operative word here) the cute pumpkin "yard sale" platter
I stashed away this past summer.
 
Add the children's book (copyright 1956) I found at our
"Friends of the Library" bookstore this morning.
 
Finish with a little metal pumpkin tea light.
 
 
Right, not a fall pumpkin theme, but who could resist this?
 
 
I'm sure women everywhere would be protesting if this
was written today!
 
Where does Peter think he's going anyway, in that ridiculous outfit! 
LOL!
 
 
 
Doyle says,
"I don't have to dress up in any crazy outfit, cute as I am!"
 
 
Happy Pink-Pumpkin Saturday!
& Seaonsal Sunday!
 
Joining in at:
 
 Pink "Pumpkin" Saturday @ How Sweet the Sound

Seasonal Sundays @ The Tablescaper
 
 

 


12 comments:

  1. Pam,another very cute post. You are right, today the wife would stand up more for herself.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sweet pumpkin platter and Awesome wardrobe cabinet!!!Great price!
    Deb

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love your pumpkin platter and I had that book as a child! I wonder where it went???
    hugs, Linda

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Linda, I would be more than happy to send you the book. Let me know if you're interested. Such fun to have nostalgic things from our childhood, isn't it?

      Delete
  4. Simply gorgeous! I am the featured blog this week, hope you can drop by.

    Pumpkin Fun
    Have an enjoyable pumpkin-licious weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks for your feedback! Wanted to let you know you are coming up as a no-reply comment blogger. Shannon

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh Pam, I was so happy to see that book in your post. I grew up with it and recently found the set of three at a garage sale! I remember being totally enchanted by all of the illustrations!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's so interesting! Linda commented that she had it too.

      Good for you for finding the set of 3, and at a garage sale no less, woo hoo!

      Delete
  7. Your comment about Peter's "ridiculous outfit" made me laugh out loud! And, as usual, love the picture of Doyle! :) --Fran

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love you Doyle and you are a cutie pie just as you are!. Being a former teacher, love the children's book!
    Joan Q.

    ReplyDelete

Your comments make me smile! Thanks.