Vintage Tablecloths

Sharing vintage tablecloths ~ and other vintage treasures that capture my attention. Thanks for stopping by!

Wednesday, October 10, 2012

1920's Wardrobe, Painted Floor Rug & a Table!

 
A little of everything today.  
A fall table, estate sale wardrobe, painted floor rug, and Doyle.
 
 
I've been fighting fall and fall decor, but it went from 80 degrees to 50 degrees
 overnight on Saturday, then it started raining.  Cold, damp rain for two days.
SO, I give up and accept that it's FALL!
 
 
 
 The tablecloth is from the 70's to 80's, by designer Bob Van Allen.
I centered a vintage tea towel to "pop" the colors from the geometric design.
So cute I added another one to the bowl.
 
I love the huge wooden bowl, which Mr. Retro found at the 
estate sale we went to last week-end. 
 
Speaking of the estate sale.......
  
 
I was in the next room experiencing love at first sight, and
ripping the tag off this wardrobe to claim it as mine!  

 
It is English and from the 1920's, obviously a gentleman's wardrobe.
 I thought it was a steal for $75.  Everything was half off since it was 
the 2nd day of the sale, EXCEPT the furniture.
 I persistently politely negotiated the price to $50. 
SOLD!
 
 

 
Inside peek.   I plan to use it to store my vintage linens. 
I fell in love with the little shelves and drawers.  There are plaques on the
edge of each shelf front:
 
shirts ~ pyjamas ~ underwear ~ sundries
 
  How sweet is that?
 
 
 
No, that is not a typo. I did a little research on it and found this:
"Pyjamas is preferred in most varieties of English from outside North America."
 
LOVE IT! 
 
 
Last, but certainly not least, I'm sharing this rug design painted floor.
 
 
 
 A friend of mine, who is a talented artist (obviously!) was
commissioned to design and paint this floor rug for a client's beach cottage.
 
The client asked her to make the design similar to Mackenzie Childs style. 
She hit that nail on the head! 
 
Isn't it amazing? 
I both admire and envy her talent!
 
I've decided to end all most posts with a photo of
Doyle ~ Dog of the Blog. 
 Here he is looking quite handsome in his fall orange safety vest.
 
 Doyle says:
 "Gotta watch out for those deer hunters, and my tail's not even white! " 
 
Thanks for visiting and hope you found something to enjoy! 
 
 
This week I'll be linking to some parties!  Please check out those blogs too!
Starting with:
 
Rednesday @ It's A Very Cherry World
 
Share Your Cup Thursday @ Have A Daily Cup of Mrs. Olson 
 
Vintage Thingie Thursday @ Colorado Lady
 
Thrifty Things Friday @ the Thrifty Groove 
 
Thrifty Love @ Cap Creations
 
 
 
 
 


35 comments:

  1. The plaques are such an immensely sweet touch. I think someone should reproduce (or make similar) plaques for use in dressers and wardrobes today - I know there'd be a market for them amongst us vintage loving gals at least. :)

    ♥ Jessica

    ReplyDelete
  2. The wardrobe is a wonderful find, and the painted rug is amazing. Very talented artist. And Doyle is so cute, glad he is wearing his orange vest to be seen. xo

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am in love with that wardrobe! What a find! Now your friend is very talented and her painted rug is gorgeous. Of course not at gorgeous as Mr Doyle!!
    hugs, Linda

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Pam, re your question on kale, this is the 1st year for me so no, I am just hoping it lasts through Thanksgiving!! I am leaving them in their pots as the ground is rock solid already. xo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Mine will be in the pots all winter too, so lets hope for the best!

      Delete
  5. Aren't estate sales just the best of the best? Congrats on obtaining the best possible price on the wardrobe! Happy Rednesday from your Rednesday neighbor!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh wow! The wardrobe is stunning! It will be perfect for your linens. I'm so glad that you found it! I'm also glad that you'll show us more pics of Doyle. I can never get enough dog pics. And Doyle is so darn cute in his vest!
    Thanks for sharing :)
    Erica

    ReplyDelete
  7. Your wardrobe is so cool! More storage is always a good thing!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi Pam! Oh, I love olden linens too and this is a great tablecloth. Now that wardrobe is wonderful and you know you stole it, don't you? :)
    Thank you so much for popping in to see me and thank you for yor comments.
    Be a sweetie,
    Shelia ;)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Super! I love your fall table, the bowl and the towels are cute! I would have gone nuts for the wardrobe, too! I can't believe you stole it at $50, how great! Perfect for you linens, Pam! Thanks for including the painted rug picture, it is so pretty.
    Blessings,
    Susie

    ReplyDelete
  10. Great deals all around. The cloth is gorgeous!! The wardrobe, well, that's just FANTASTIC!!! I hope you show us when you fill it up with all the wonderful tablecloths you have.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I will, but first Mr. Retro has to make and install shelves on the open hanging side. Thanks!

      Delete
  11. What a smart looking little pooch. I agree...With deer seson all round us..He needs to be seen as a dog not a white tailed deer.
    Oh...what incredible goodies you found at the estate sale. The floor cloth is amazing...Just imagine how long it took to paint it!
    Thanks for sharing a day in your life, my friend,
    Blessings,
    Carolynn

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. My friend said she spent 6 days on her knees, working 8 to 9 hours a day! Incredible to me.

      Delete
  12. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Yikes!!

    Okay - tea towel in the center of the tc * BRILLIANT
    wardrobe - absolutely amazing and what a steal. What a big ol' bunch of linens you can stash in there (hey, maybe it's so big you've gotta go buy more!)

    Doyle - so handsome. Great idea to end each post with Mr. Adorable! :)

    Rug = amazing! such talent :)


    xox P

    ReplyDelete
  14. You did very well on these finds. I really like the wardrobe. So different. That rug is to die for.

    ReplyDelete
  15. That's wonderful! Now I'm going to spend all day wondering what's supposed to go on a sundries shelf. :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. LOL! Sundries = "articles too small or too numerous to be specified". Kinda like my junk drawer in the kitchen, I think.
      :-)

      Delete
  16. I have an old wardrobe in the bedroom and love it! Wonderful rug. Boyd is right to be concerned. We lived in a deer hunting area, and a guy was shot as he pumped gas at a local gas station. The hunter (we wlived in the mountains, so he was what we called a flatlander) said he was sure he saw a deer walking past the truck...he was across the street and the guy was on the other side of the truck getting filled, and he shot him underneath the truck. Right....Should have kept the newspaper article...
    Have a great week. From VTT.
    Ruth

    ReplyDelete
  17. Pam,
    Here in Texas we are welcoming the few Fall days we've experienced so far...hoping we'll have a few more before it turns cold, windy and dreary! Love the fall table and the wardrobe is great! We have one similar to it in a birds-eye maple veneer...it's our sweater and winter items hutch! You've inspired me to do a Fall decorating post in addition to the "It's Fall in the Four Seasons Bathroom" post I did a few days ago! I'd love to hear your thoughts on that one! Thanks for the eye candy!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Oh, Pam,--that wardrobe!!! How fabulous. Have fun filling it up! Your friend is so talented, that rug looks so real. And I really enjoy your pictures of Doyle, I'm looking forward to seeing you end your future posts with his photos! :) --Fran

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey Fran, I think the painted rug is even going to look better because she said she still has to glaze it! I think I take more photos of Doyle than anything, so it gives me an excuse to use them, right?

      Delete
  19. What a gorgeous find! And what a great bargain! I can just imagine suits and trousers hanging in there, and clothes folded neatly on the shelves.
    Love the photo of Doyle in his safety vest :)

    ReplyDelete
  20. Hi Pam! That wardrobe is fabulous....I LOVE it

    ReplyDelete
  21. Great photos but I think I loved Doyle the best. ;)
    Sarah & le Weens
    http://doxiejibberish.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  22. O, my....first off...I am totally in love with your header. Wonderful.
    The cabinet is really awesome and that rug...OMYGOSH...just magnificent. What a talented friend you have. I can't even imagine how it would feel to wake up every morning, KNOWING you could paint like that....WOW

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. BJ, Now that I've been blogging a year, I'm thinking I really should redo my header. I've taken several photos of different tablecloths that have been drying on my clothesline, but that one is the best - probably because it was so windy that day. Wish I knew what to do!

      Delete
  23. Thanks Pam for popping int and I hope you have a wonderful weekend.
    Be a sweetie,
    Shelia :)

    ReplyDelete
  24. Hi Pam,
    yup sweetie I think it is Fall. Cold and rainy here today. Love your cheery table, but that wardrobe, oh my! Love, love the labels. The painted floor rug truly is a work of art. Thanks for sharing with Share Your Cup.
    Hugs,
    Jann

    ReplyDelete
  25. I think you got a pretty great deal on the wardrobe. It's lovely! The rug is fantastic! I'd love a painted rug. And you don't know how happy I am to finally feel the cooler weather of fall. We've gone from about 98 to about 70 this past week, yippee!!! But looks like we're back in the 90's next week, UGH! Thank you for joining us at Cap Creations.

    ReplyDelete
  26. Wow, you found some amazing treasures! the tablecloth is wonderful, the cabinet is just too cool and the rug is beautiful! Wonderful items! Thank you for sharing at TTF. Have a terrific day!

    ReplyDelete

Your comments make me smile and our open to all! Thanks.