Vintage Tablecloths

Sharing vintage tablecloths ~ and other vintage treasures that capture my attention. Thanks for stopping by!

Tuesday, September 18, 2012

It's a Jungle Out There~Tablescape!

 
Lions and tigers and finally a tablescape!
 
I loved the way the light coming in through
the window illuminated my jungle theme table.
 
 
 
 
As far as I know, this tablecloth is not vintage.  It may not even be a
tablecloth,  though I bought it as one.  The fabric is very light. 
 
It doesn't matter, I fell in love with the animal print and
couldn't wait to set it with my Hazel Atlas Sierra Ware.
 
 
 
The aqua and gold console set is vintage Stangyl.
 
 
 
 
Here's a close-up.  It's very mid-century cool,
and was a flea market thrifty find!
 
 
 
When I saw the tablecloth I saw all the colors of my Sierra Ware just "pop".
I'm not sure if it's the angle, or if my candle is tipsy~sorry about that.
 
  
 
Now a few photos of the place settings.  I have so much fun
mixing all the colors for a different look for each setting.
 
 
 more
 
 
and more
 
 
 
Did you notice the pearlized handled knives?   Made by Sheffield in 1970. 
 I've used them frequently in my tablescapes, they're a favorite.    
 
 
Are you on the way for lunch?
 
 
 
I'm saving you a place! 
Just be careful, it's a jungle out there.....
 
Thanks so much for visiting.  Love to have you and
always read & enjoy all your comments.
 
 
Linking up this week:
 
REDNESDAY at Sue's It's A Very Cherry World
Share Your Cup Thursday at Have a Daily Cup of Mrs. Olson
Let's Dish at Cuisine Kathleen
You're Gonna Love It Tuesday at Kathe with an E

 Tabletop Tuesday at A Stroll Thru Life
 
 

20 comments:

  1. Oh Pam, what a FUN tablescape! It's so full of colour and whismey!

    Thanks so much for your visit today, that way I could find YOU!

    Have a wonderful day!

    ~Michele

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love it! Everything about this tablescape made me smile! :)
    -Denise

    ReplyDelete
  3. Fun! You're right, the light from your window provides the perfect ambiance for this jungle paradise. So many colors popping. I really love that console and the matching candlestick holders! :) --Fran

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a great tablescape! The cloth looks great with your Hazel Atlas.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your table arrangement looks grrrrrrrrrrreat!!
    Happy Rednesday, my friend!
    Carolynn xo

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh Pam, this table is wild and wonderful. Love the theme.

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is really a great setup and would be so fun for a dinner party! I like the view of your other vintage table cloths too!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thanks for saving me a spot...I'll be right over!! You are right about that tablecloth bringing out the colors in your dishes and vice versa.

    ReplyDelete
  9. What a fun table!! Love the color mix of dishes! Always fun to use vintage on such a modern print! What's for lunch?? hugs, Linda

    ReplyDelete
  10. This table just says Happy! So fun and cheerful!

    ReplyDelete
  11. FABULOUS knives!!!!!!!! Those handles are just gorgeous!!!! So much pretty, bright color on the table, too!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Pam, that is so colorful! Love the table setting, and just such wonderful colors. Yes, the light through the window looks so pretty. I bet it is just even more cheerful and bright in person. I love those pearl handles, so pretty. It is always fun to see what will be on your table. This was great!
    Bless you,
    Susie

    ReplyDelete
  13. That looks really cute with all your colors! You even have a touch of purple in there to match! How fun!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Hi Pam~

    I love this setting especially with the Hazel Atlas! I have been following your blog for some time now but never officially joined until today. Thanks for following ours too:-)

    Erica

    ReplyDelete
  15. Wow, what a gorgeous tablecloth!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Oh you animal you Pam! This is so wild, yet so fun. It does go perfectly with your dishes. Kids would love it for a birthday party. Even big kids like me. lol! Thanks for sharing with SYC.
    Hugs,
    Jann

    ReplyDelete
  17. You are wild and crazy! What great colors and your dishes look great with the cloth!
    Thanks for linking to Let's Dish!

    ReplyDelete
  18. How did I miss this one?!! I love it! The cloth does make your dishes pop! The console set is gorgeous!!! Going to go check out your other posts.

    ReplyDelete

Your comments make me smile! Thanks.