Vintage Tablecloths

Sharing vintage tablecloths ~ and other vintage treasures that capture my attention. Thanks for stopping by!

Wednesday, September 26, 2012

Harvest Table Time!

 
I'm not quite ready for all brown, dark green and orange, so I'll be
working my way into fall~harvest tablescapes!
 
My setting is harvest~whimsical, showing off all 
the beautiful peppers we just harvested from our garden,
and a variety of mis-matched dishes that are fun together.
 
  
 
 
Perfect for our porch table!
 
 Sweet vintage tablecloth (unknown maker) shows a bevy of harvest veggies.
 The platter is full of freshly picked peppers from our garden,
and the plants are still laden.  Got some more picking to do
because it's going to be chilly soon!
 
 
 
 Ah, some cute stuff! 
 
Little carrot teapot is Andrea by Sadek and the little pig honey pot
is Otagiri copyright Mary Ann Baker -  both 80's era I believe.
 
 
 
Other than the silverware, the whole place setting is "thrift shop"!
 
  Vintage white plates are Russel Wright ~ Casual by Iroquois
Sweet pink salad plates are marked ~ Labrella Universal Canerioglo
Fern design napkins ~ vintage Vera
Napkin rings, thrift store ~ 4 for a dollar!
 
 


The iridescent glasses, yup ~ also thrifted
Pineapple metal candlestick holders ~ thrifted
Do I really need to keep repeating myself?
 
 
 
Here's a close up of the cute little carrot pot,
sitting on a vintage Vera tea towel.
 
 
 
The creamer & sugar are Hazel Atlas, Moderntone pattern.
I just love the Hazel Atlas platonite glass.  I've got a nice selection
of the darker colors.  I'm hoping to score more pastels.
 
 
  


The yellow platter is Buffalo China by Oneida ~ Oneida outlet on a close-out
clearance table. Very pretty, but mostly hidden here by our
over abundance of peppers!!!

Do you needs some peppers?
We have Pablano, Cubanelle, Banana, Jalapeno, and Bell.
 
There are also a few tomatoes hiding in there.
Green fried tomatoes? Yum!

Glad to be joining in Cuisine Kathleen
for this week's
 
 
 Go visit to see some lovely fall tablescapes. Real eye candy!
 
 
Also linking to:
 
Thrifty Love @ Cap Creations
 
 Pink Saturday!@ How Sweet the Sound
 
Thrifty Things Friday!  @ The Thrifty Groove
 
 
 
 


25 comments:

  1. Absolutely gorgeous! I love how your colorful platter of peppers bring it all together.

    ReplyDelete
  2. A great abundance and variety of a favorite food.. pepppers. The table settings really compliment them well. Love your pretty thrifted pieces. xo marlis

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow that's quite a bowl of peppers! Very pretty! I like your thrifted pieces and your tablecloth! I love the Otagari pig honey pot!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm enjoying your whimsical harvest table! So many peppers!! I love your plates and sugar/creamer. I too love vintage plates found at thrift shops! Hugs, Linda

    ReplyDelete
  5. I always love seeing your pretty vintage tablecloths and your bargains. I love your bountiful bowl of colorful peppers, too.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love this table and your peppers are so colorful and perfect I thought they were fake! I would love some cubanelle peppers, my favorite for frying up with eggs or sausage. xo

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh my goodness look at all your peppers! Hold please, I need to clean up my drool! Beautiful table setting too, but seriously...those peppers!!!! WOW!!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wow, that is quite a pepper harvest--the colors are magnificent! Perfect centerpiece for your lovely tablescape! :) --Fran

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love seeing lots of color any time of the year. Maybe it's because summer was so hot and I barely ventured outside, but it does feel like fall came very quickly this year. Your tablecloth is perfect with your theme, and I like the big platter of colorful vegetables.

    In case you aren't aware, this is Shannon of Cozy Home Scenes. I am having to quit that blog and have started a new one called A COZY PLACED CALLED HOME, so I hope you will stop by to join me sometime soon!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hi Pam, Yes, I do need some peppers! Especially a few hot ones. I made chili tonight and I was just saying to hubby that I thought it needed a little heat! Yours are so gorgeous that they could be fake! hehehe!! And I do like the Atlas Hazel in pastel too. You are a very clever thrifter! Linda

    ReplyDelete
  11. You are a clever girl, my friend! I love it all, but those peppers are BEAUTIFUL!!! :) xox

    ReplyDelete
  12. What are you going to do with all those peppers?? Haa!
    I'm loving that veggie tablecloth and your vintage Vera!
    I found myself some great vintage Vera napkins (complete with ladybugs) that have butterflys on them. Only .50 each at the thrift!
    Thank you for showing us this beautiful tabelscape!
    Erica :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. I love the colors of this harvest table! I realized when I did mine that orange gives me a headache! That little piggy honey pot is just adorable! I am always impressed to see a lovely table as this one, put together with thrift finds! You are a great thrifter!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Pepper....now that's an original concept for a fall table, and they work perfectly.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Wow! The drought didn't seem to affect your garden!!! You have a wonderful bounty there!!!!!! Fried green tomatoes? Yes, please! :-) Love 'em! I'm with you in that I'm not quite ready for all the deep tones of fall. I'm easing into it, too. The colors here are fall-like but still peppy. That works for me! You have a gift when it comes to finding great things at the thrift store!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  16. THANKS!!! I'll share about my peppers since so many like them! :-)

    We use lots of them fresh, give plenty away, freeze some to use for cooking later on (great for those winter soups and chili). We also have a dehydrator and dry some. Learned our lesson last year to separate out the hottest ones before drying! We didn't grow the real hot ones this year. Last year our harvest was pretty slim because the deer or rabbits (probably both) ate most of them, except the HOT peppers. Really? YES! The sweet bells seemed to be their favorite. This year we planted so many plants there was plenty to share with the wildlife.

    Thanks for all your comments. I think my table is sweet too and a compilation of finds thrifted over time....I do lots of hunting, but not always lots of finding.

    Have a great week-end!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Delightfully whimsical, what a fab selection of peppers too.

    ReplyDelete
  18. My thrift store has those same irridesent glasses. I've been very tempted, but they don't match my mostly blue decor, and I'm limited on storage. Love them! I might just have to go back to the store . . .

    ReplyDelete
  19. Ah some cute stuff is right. You took the thoughts right out of my mind. Love the vintage fabrics especially (great header photo). And what an abundance of mixed peppers you have there. I miss our peppers, we didn't plant this year. Miss those fresh bell peppers and jalapenos.

    Happy Pink Saturday! (On Sunday).

    ReplyDelete
  20. I love all your dishes and the cloth!! How great to have a garden that produces all that!!

    ReplyDelete
  21. I just love Moderntone! The whole table is charming.

    ReplyDelete
  22. Your vintage linen is PERFECT! What a wonderful find. Everything looks great for a harvest bounty! Thank you for joining TTF last week. Hope to see you again. Have a fun day!

    ReplyDelete
  23. I am with you, having a hard time going all Fall!
    Love this Harvest table, the cloth is wonderful!
    Thanks for linking to Let's Dish!

    ReplyDelete
  24. What a sweet table scape. It is so cheerful and delightful with your fall harvest!

    ReplyDelete
  25. I'm the new funny faced follower. I popped in and found the tablecloths...oh, ah... I hang mine over large dry cleaner size hangers so they don't have as many creases in them. Absolutely adorable!

    Tammy

    ReplyDelete

Your comments make me smile! Thanks.