Vintage Tablecloths

Sharing vintage tablecloths ~ and other vintage treasures that capture my attention. Thanks for stopping by!

Monday, August 13, 2012

Back with Vintage Tablecloths!



It seems like a month since I've posted.
Actually is has been, and now I'm ready to jump back in.

So many of you commented on enjoying seeing my
vintage tablecloths the last time I showed some, so I'm doing it again.

Today, its all about the flowers.






This lovely tablecloth was made by Callaway.

(See Doyle peaking in the bottom right corner? 
He was giving his approval.)





Here's a close-up of the pretty Hydrangea pattern.




My favorite thing about this maker? 
They sign the name right on the tablecloth!  No tags or labels to lose. 




This next is known as the Italian flower seller. 
So retro!




Here's a close-up of the great graphics.  Where are the faces?  
I mean his mustache is intact....too funny!





This is such a great wreath type design, made by Simtex.





Here is a close-up.  Love these colors together.





Love this unusual thistle design.  Made by Startex.





Uh-oh, I see in this close-up there is a stain that needs attention. 
(My new eyeglasses are on order, LOL!)







This is the only tablecloth I have made by Pedigree.
I think they were less prolific than some of the manufacturers.





But no less "purty". 






Lastly, I got this oversize brandy snifter bowl at the
thrift for $2, and decided to use it to display my vintage hankies.






You can't see all of them, but they were stored in
a vintage hat box before, and you couldn't see any of them.
So in comparison.....this is good!

(Uh, they're not on fire, that's the glare from my overhead light.)
So good to see you again!  As always, really enjoy your comments!

I'm joining the party at:


Rednesday! at It's a Very Cherry World







  

26 comments:

  1. I LOVE the Pedigree and Italian Flower Seller tablecloths! So retro, so gorgeous!!!
    Have a wonderful week! :)
    -Denise

    ReplyDelete
  2. You do have some of the prettiest table cloths...I love the Italian flower seller also! Great idea to display vintage hankies in a brandy snifter! Hugs, Linda

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh oohh o!!!!!

    That Italian Flower Seller. I've lusted after it for years! Actually sold one years and years ago before I knew better.

    Great Finds, and I love your little mister peeking out in the first photo!

    xo P

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love the Italian flower seller and the senorina cloth. I can kick myself for selling (really more like giving them away) all my mom's collection. She had some beauties and a couple that looked like two here. Oh well. Too late now. xo

    ReplyDelete
  5. Nice flower tablecloths! They make me smile!
    deb

    ReplyDelete
  6. Good to see you back with your happy tablecloths! I love the color combinations and the hydrangea is one of my favorites. I enjoy reading the research that you have completed on each cloth. I have a big collection and have done zero research on them...

    ReplyDelete
  7. My favorite is the Italian Flower Seller. So much charm!

    Visiting from You're Gonna Love It Tuesday.
    Debra

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love the thistles and the hydrangea cloths. Haven't seen any like that!

    ReplyDelete
  9. All are so cute Pam but that Italian flower vender stole my heart. Your collection totally blows my mind. It is simply awesome!
    Hugs,
    Jann

    ReplyDelete
  10. Tablecloth heaven!!! Thanks for taking me there.
    deb

    ReplyDelete
  11. Love the Hydrangea pattern. All of them are gorgeous! And how do you get stains out of vintage tablecloths? I have a couple with stains (don't know what kind of stain!).
    Thanks, Dorothy

    ReplyDelete
  12. What a cute way to display your handkerchiefs. And your tablecloths always amaze me!

    ReplyDelete
  13. I love that Simtex tablecloth. Yep, keep showin' us those tablecloths. They're great.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Your vintage textiles are lovely. My favorite is the Italian Flower Cart. I have something similar from France I believe. Something about using these old cloths just makes me feel closer to home. Have a blessed day.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Those are great! I remember when those large brandy sniffer bowls were everywhere. That is a good way to display the nankies! Much better to see them than to have them stored away all the time.

    ReplyDelete
  16. I think you have the very best tablecloth collection, Pam! So many that I've never seen before, like that flower cart one. I'm definitely grabbing every one that I see, if they're cheap. Even if I won't use them all, they're like works of art and I can drag them out and just adore them every once in a while, right? I doubt my husband would agree, but too bad!
    Happy REDnesday,
    Carol

    ReplyDelete
  17. We need to get together. I have several vintage table cloths as well.

    ReplyDelete
  18. I love them all! And I think Doyle was jealous! ♥

    ReplyDelete
  19. Glad to see you back Pam! I so enjoy seeing your vintage tablecloths. Funny though, whenever I find a beautiful old t.c like yours I now look for a tag to see who the maker is. It seems that the tags are always missing! Have you ever found that to be the case? Anyway, thanks for showing us these!
    And I'm so glad that your hankies aren't actually on fire!
    Erica

    ReplyDelete
  20. What an amazing collection, it's so fun to see them. Glad those hankies aren't about to burn, they are sweet too!

    Lynn

    ReplyDelete
  21. Hi, you visited me and now I'm repaying the visit! I love the colours on the tablecloths.....I haven't seen any for a while like that...brings back memories! Joan

    ReplyDelete
  22. PS. I got so caught up with the tablecloths that I forgot to say....welcome as a new follower and I have joined your followers as well and look forward to learning more about your life. Joan

    ReplyDelete
  23. Hi Pam, these tablecloths are so colorful and fun. The flower cart cloth is a good example of that. I like your idea of displaying the hankies in the glass container. Have a great day! ------------ Shannon

    ReplyDelete
  24. Hopping back to say thanks for sharing with Share Your Cup. Always love having you!
    Hugs,
    Jann

    ReplyDelete

Your comments make me smile and our open to all! Thanks.