Vintage Tablecloths

Sharing vintage tablecloths ~ and other vintage treasures that capture my attention. Thanks for stopping by!

Sunday, July 8, 2012

"HOT" Yard Sales!

Too "HOT" to yard sale, or not?
Considering there was a church sale starting at 7 a.m.
and a large yard sale starting at 8 a.m., Mr. Retro said let's go.




The temperature even at 7 a.m. was hot, the yard sale offerings really not.
On first glance anyway. Always walk around a second time and nose
through items hidden in boxes on the ground, and you're sure to bring home a
couple things to make you smile. Nothing of great value here, but some
cute things for my tablescapes and a few other finds.




First a couple that aren't pictured above. 
I Love Lucy shakers, deserving of  a 50's themed tablescape, $1.




Sweet little Wedgwood vase, small chip on rim,
 great for a small plant, 50 cents.




Vintage Made In Japan labels on these white candle holders,
50 cents for set of 4, and the seller threw in the unmatched one.

Etienne Aigner leather purse, 25 cents!  I'll add that to the Dooney & Burke
and Coach bags I bought at a previous yard sale.  Can't beat quality bags at
giveaway prices!


Avon porcelain candle holders $1.


More sweet birds...3 pc. S & P set by Ganz, 50 cents. 




More Made In Japan, blue sticker label, 50 cents for the pair.
A little out of season, but the sweetest hand made vintage Christmas tree skirt.
A couple close-ups below.
Check out those little plastic pixie heads!
Plastic Santa heads & cute dog in a stocking. 
I can't imagine getting rid of this.  It will be properly honored at our house.
It's going around the base of our 1950's aluminum Christmas tree come December.
Just 25 cents! 
Heidi, 1945 copyright with some wonderful color photos, 50 cents.
I'll show this in a separate blog later on.
Nothing here "Road Show" worthy, LOL, but we had some early
morning fun on another of our ongoing 100+ degrees days.  Can't wait for our cool front
coming on Monday, high of 89, Woo Hoo!!!
Joining in:
at Kathe with an E
&

12 comments:

  1. I have a friend who would absolutely die for those I Love Lucy shakers! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love, love, love those I Love Lucy shakers. What a fun piece from an iconic show.

    ReplyDelete
  3. what a great find in the I Love Lucy shakers and the tree skirt. Well done.
    Hugs
    donna

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love the 1945 edition of Heidi!

    Hugs,
    Susan and Bentley

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your second time around was definitely worth it because you did find some cute stuff! It has been so hot where I live that I decided to not attend an auction yesterday. My husband was shocked that I would let heat get in the way of box lot of junk. LOL!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I ADORE the Lucy S&Ps, and probably wold have climbed over people to get to that tree skirt. Great scores! :O)

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'd say it was a succesful morning for you! Hope your heat has broken today, too!

    ReplyDelete
  8. It looks like you found some cute things at extremely good prices. I'd say you had a successful shopping trip. How nice that your hubby likes to go treasure hunting with you. My three favorite items you found are the 3 piece sweet little birds, the book and the pretty vase. Stay cool!! ---------- Shannon

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh my goodness, that tree skirt was worth every single degree on the thermometer, wasn't it?! And I CANNOT wait to see your 50s themed tablescape. I have a feeling it's going to be one of my favorites!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I'm in love with both of the S&P sets you found! And that tree skirt?? Oh the Christmas stories it could tell ;-) I am always amazed at what people get rid of! Thanks so much for sharing this at the party this week Pam! The party doesn't really start until you get there! Stay cool!

    ReplyDelete
  11. It's really never to hot to yard sale! Then you go home and eat cake!

    ReplyDelete
  12. I just adore it when one encounter holiday decorations at yard sales like this. I've been looking for Halloween pieces all season (my Halloween collection is quite small, as we had very limited storage space at our old place, but now have a little more room so I really want to up my October 31st decoration!), but so far have come up almost empty handed. No worries though, there's still several more weekends to this season.

    Wishing you a gorgeous weekend, dear lady!
    ♥ Jessica

    ReplyDelete

Your comments make me smile! Thanks.