Vintage Tablecloths

Sharing vintage tablecloths ~ and other vintage treasures that capture my attention. Thanks for stopping by!

Friday, June 8, 2012

Longest Yard Sale "Finds"

No, not THAT Longest Yard Sale (I wish), but our little town,
county population of 9,000 people,  had it's annual "Longest Yard Sale".

Folks join in at different spots or from their own yards, and our Visitor Center
gives out free maps to direct you to the participating sales.

We are rural, so it was a bit of a hike from sale-to-sale,
but I can't think of a better way to use my gas!
I really restrained myself from buying this year,
I'm supposed to be cleaning out,
but these few treasures had to come home with me.


Sweet blue bells quiche dish, just marked Made In England,
hand painted, very nice quality, a dollar.

One only Blue Ridge Potteries plate, with a tag on it
that said, grandma's dish.  How could I leave it!  Also a dollar.


The "Women's Club" had some lovelies, and
I was thrilled to find two quality purses, a Dooney & Burke
and a Coach, $3 each.  They're in great shape, a little
leather cleaner and they'll be ready to proudly use!


Assortment of cheap stuff here, the bowl from Italy was
 75 cents, the other items 50 cents each.


Silverplate set in box for $5.
Royal, Made in England.

Not sure if it's a dessert set or fish set.
Let me know if you do.  Only 2 pieces
are polished, have some work to do here.





Huge 25" serving tray I showed in my last post.
Silverplate on copper, heavy and beautiful!
Splurge of $5.

That's it!  Like I said,  I held back. 
Have you had any good finds lately?
Thanks for looking, always love your comments! 
 
Joining In:

Just found this fun blog, joining Flea Market Finds at

Her Library Adventures

&
&

Always fun parties!

23 comments:

  1. I think that would be fun to go thrifting, but I am cleaning out too! I do love to polish silver and you have some nice pieces to clean up. It's like cleaning the closet I think - when you add a few pieces, you get rid of a few pieces. Have a great day!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You did really well!! I've been on the Longest Yard Sale (the real thing) and it's great fun but much higher prices then you paid for your treasures. I love the plate marked Grandma's! hugs, Linda

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Pam,
    You found some really nice treasures! I like the bluebell dish, pretty. And you couldn't beat the prices!
    Have a great weekend,
    Dorothy

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love your finds! That platter is amazing!
    Great finds!
    -Denise

    ReplyDelete
  5. What stellar finds, each one is a beautiful piece that I know will look sublime amongst your collection. I adore everything, but have to say that the splendidly sweet bluebell quiche dish is my absolute favourite.

    Thank you very much for your wonderfully nice comment on my post about being named a must-read vintage blogger, I sincerely appreciate it and hope you have a gorgeous, relaxing weekend, dear lady!

    ♥ Jessica

    ReplyDelete
  6. Whoo hoo! Great finds - I wish we had more sales like this, where I live. I love that bowl from Italy.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Such great finds! Score on those purses! :)
    Have a great weekend Pam!

    Erica

    ReplyDelete
  8. great finds, Pam! It's so hard to restrain oneself when garage sailing! Our Troy garage sale days is today but it's a 50% chance of rain! Wish me luck!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Excellent deals! I had that exact Dooney bag--I wonder where it is now? I paid quite a bit more than $3.00 for it! But it was a great bag. How could someone part with "Grandma's" dish???? Have a nice weekend. Linda

    ReplyDelete
  10. I found you just blog hopping. I love your finds the quiche dish is wonderful.
    Cathy

    ReplyDelete
  11. What great finds! Love the Dooney.

    Hugs,
    Susan and Bentley

    ReplyDelete
  12. Oh Pam, what fun! I love yard sales and you found some great bargains. I showed my Swedish towels in my latest post. They're just beautiful. xox

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh thanks Kitty! Wow, your baked Ziti looks wonderful!

      Delete
  13. I love all your stuff. Some day I am going to the Longest Yard Sale!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Oh girl, you found lots of wonderful treasures! I loved them all! Thank you for sharing with us at TTF this week! Have a great day.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Great bargains! Back in the early nineties, I had that exact Dooney bag in navy! I think I'd pick the quiche dish as my favorite....such sweet, simple bluebells and the color is lovely.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Wow Fran, It's that old? Great, a retro Dooney! I've never had one before. Thanks for that info.

      Delete
  16. Great finds and great prices! What fun!

    ReplyDelete
  17. What a fun day! You found some really great stuff so it was definitely worth your gas money, I'd say. Love the silver-plate tray and the silver in its box. The bluebells quiche dish is lovely. So glad you picked up the Blue Ridge Pottery "grandma's dish". I don't often see many of those dishes and try to get them when I do (if they aren't too chippy). Nice finds!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Wow, great finds! I love the purses and silver-plate tray. It would make a great centerpiece.

    ReplyDelete
  19. Great finds! I love the pattern/style of the silver flatware. Sounds like you had fun yard saling! :)

    ReplyDelete
  20. Such marvelous finds! Thanks so much for being a part of Seasonal Sundays.

    - The Tablescaper

    ReplyDelete

Your comments make me smile! Thanks.