Vintage Tablecloths

Sharing vintage tablecloths ~ and other vintage treasures that capture my attention. Thanks for stopping by!

Friday, June 22, 2012

Friday Estate Sale Finds!

Friday Estate Sale!

& I could actually go!



I don't know what they do in your neck of the woods, but around here
the estate sales are always Friday & Saturday.

I miss the first day with all the choice items because I'm at work.
(On the flip side, everything is half price the second day, Saturday.)
 I was lucky to be off work today and got to the estate sale when it opened.

I stopped to look at a some cute knick knacks, when my husband
came back into the room calling my name excitedly to come.


Vintage Linens!



I followed him to the back room and saw two large tables  piled high with linens! 
I'm sorry I didn't get a photo, but the women were on that table like a dog on
a bone, so I had to start digging through myself.

Here I scored 2 aprons, 2 hankies and and 3 towels. 


 
A nice bright Simtex-Stevens in great shape.


 
Three pretty Christmas tablecloths, which I will be very
thankful I bought when November rolls around.


How cute is this little Santa guy,
which is really 6 dish towels.  So vintage!

 



Lots of lovely embroidered pieces.

 



Did I mention lots of embroidered pieces?
I can't resist them.  So pretty...and I'm enthralled with the patience
and time that went into stitching these beauties. 


 

 
These are all pillowcases.  I love the feel of a good
quality pillowcase, and these are so soft and wonderful.


 

 
The "His" & "Hers" sets make me smile.  Actually, maybe not a bad idea,
because I think after Mr. Retro smashes his pillow flat,  he steals mine! 
After a good washing these are going on the bed so I can catch him in the act.




I'll end this with a few close-ups of the embroidered pieces.



Did I mention all the linens were $1.00 each?


 


 
Oh, except the hankies, pillowcases and aprons,
which were 2 for a dollar.


 

 
Really!



I did go back for a few of those knick-knacks, which I'll show in
a later post.  Thanks for dropping in.

Have you hit any good sales lately?




I'm joining the parties below!

Please visit, so many good links to browse.

Kathe With An E

Also joined in:
Seasonal Sundays at The Tablescaper
Thrifty Things Friday at the Thrifty Groove
Beverly's Pink Saturday
Thrifty Love at Cap Creations.
(All the links are on the sidebar)



 
Thanks...always love my blogging friends comments!

44 comments:

  1. Such lovely pieces Pam! I too miss the first few days of the estate sales here because of that four-lettered word, WORK LOL! Here, the sales usually go Thursday through Sunday with Sunday being half off. I was looking through the pictures of the upcoming sales in the email I get from estatesales.net and one had stacks and stacks of linens and it made me think of you :) I hope you have a wonderful weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, I'm so happy for you!! :) Those vintage linens couldn't have found a better home! Beautiful.
    Dorothy

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your embroidered Pieces are beautiful! I love vintage linens.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow, what a variety! Somebody was busy with a needle and thread in that house. I really love those pillowcases. They are like the vintage version of those Mr. and Mrs. Pillows so popular now.

    Robin
    Robin Flies South

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Right, the vintage version...apropos analogy, Thanks!

      Delete
  5. The embroidered pieces are wonderful. They bring back so many fond memories of my childhood. My grandmother taught me to embroider when I was 9 or 10, and I must have made a million towels and pillowcases. I swear I used the same pattern as the one in your first photo.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Dana, the southern belle, or similarly named girl in the first photo was very popular, so you probably did! Wish my grandmother had taught me.

      Delete
  6. What delightful finds! I adore vintage tablecloths, but rarely find them. A definite lost art.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow! They practically paid you to take them at those prices! You are the queen of thrifty linens today! :OD

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You're right, LOL! My jaw dropped when I saw the sign, and everything from towels, sheets, tablecloths, whatever was piled together.

      Delete
  8. Sweetness! Some day some day, I'll attend an estate sale!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Youd better, you'll love it if it's a good one!

      Delete
  9. What beautiful vintage linnens, thank you for sharing them at Cap Creations. Are the ones in the second photo embroidered? So pretty!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes they are, and not machine. My sewing/stitching friend confirmed it was hand done, very well done too.

      Delete
  10. I love vintage linens, they always remind me of my mother and aunt, but sadly I only have a couple of pieces now. This table was a great find and for a great price. I am visiting from Aledia's blog via Shannon's blog. And am your newest follower. xo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. So happy to have you! I'll be visiting you next.

      Delete
  11. WOW
    WOW
    WOW
    You really SCORED on all those lovely Linens!!! I adore linens and have a "small stash"! They just make me HAPPY! I'm your newest follower and found you thru Plum Perfect! Sure glad I did!
    Deb

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm sure glad you did too! I'll be visiting back. Thanks!

      Delete
  12. You did really well! I've picked up a few vintage linens along the way and thought about doing embroidery myself. My hands go numb easily so don't think I can. I'll just enjoy the work of others.

    Hugs,
    LaDonna

    ReplyDelete
  13. Absolutely gorgeous! Happy pink Saturday.

    Come and see my PINK entry, when you get a chance, thanks!

    PS.. I am now following your blog, it would be delightful if you can follow my family blog too, thank you!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Hi Pam!!
    First of all I have to say I am totally envious of all those fabulous finds and the prices?? Oh my goodness, AMAZING!!

    I also wanted to let you know that my post today is featuring the beautiful tablecloth and napkin set that I won from your giveaway. I do hope you like it!
    I posted a link back to you and I'm happy to see that Deb and Barbara are now following you!

    I'm also having my very first blog giveaway, hope you will stop by!
    Have a wonderful night!!
    (hugs)
    Aledia @ Plum Perfect

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh Aledia, thanks so much for linking to me in your blog! I'm thrilled to have some new followers sent this way by you. Now, about your tablescape....it is absolutely gorgeous! You found perfect china and accessories to bring out it's beauty! LOVE the dishes. I'm so glad you are happy with it and will continue to enjoy using it!

      Delete
  15. Vintage are always cool, like them..

    Visiting for Pink Saturday- hope you can stop by..

    http://www.sweetposh.info/2012/06/pink-swimsuit.html

    ReplyDelete
  16. So lucky to find such fabulous vintage linen! I love linen, both, new and vintage, embroidered and crocheted! You did terrific! Happy Seasonal Sunday. Hugs,
    FABBY

    ReplyDelete
  17. What a treasure trove of vintage linens! My favorites!!

    Hugs,
    Susan and Bentley

    ReplyDelete
  18. I love the butterfly's. They are so pretty.

    ReplyDelete
  19. Unbelievable prices on all these treasures!! They are so beautiful, and always very well made. Great treasures!

    ReplyDelete
  20. Thanks Everyone.....for your wonderful comments!

    I intend to visit each of you, but am having internet problems. I know that sounds archaic, but when you live in an area as rural as mine, it happens a lot...and lately, way too often. But I will get to each of you eventually. Thanks, Pam

    ReplyDelete
  21. Love the embroidered pieces. How wonderful that your hubby called you to explore the linen table!

    Visiting from You're Gonna Love It Tuesday.
    Debra

    ReplyDelete
  22. Those are all so pretty, especially those lovely butterflies!

    ReplyDelete
  23. a-m-a-z-i-n-g! I am trying real hard to NOT be jealous! Hubs is a good man. He's probably pretty smart too!

    ReplyDelete
  24. OMG! You hit the vintage linen lotto! They are all so beautiful. What an amazing find! Thanks for sharing at TTF and have a fantastic day!

    ReplyDelete
  25. Oh my goodness, Pam, what wonderful vintage linens you scored!!!

    ReplyDelete
  26. WOW!! You hit the vintage linen jackpot! Those embroidered pieces are just beautiful. :) --Fran

    ReplyDelete
  27. Oh, the embroidered linens.....They are such treasured pieces!!
    Thank you for sharing this feast for the eyes!
    Blessings,
    Carolynn

    ReplyDelete

Your comments make me smile! Thanks.