Vintage Tablecloths

Sharing vintage tablecloths ~ and other vintage treasures that capture my attention. Thanks for stopping by!

Tuesday, June 19, 2012

Beach~Picnic~Party!


C'mon over to Cozy Home Scenes for
great Grill, BBQ & Picnic fun!



I'm Sharing beach~seafood picnic photos today.

Yes, this is a  prized Wilendur lobster tablecloth,  but we won't be eating crabs on it!
Steamed crab eating is done atop layers of newspaper,  thank you. 




Doyle's Beach Party!





First, put out the pots. Mr. Retro handles all this part!






Next day, bring home the catch, in this case Chesapeake Bay crabs.
If youve never had them, you are really missing out!






Doyle is Mr. Retro's First Mate.






Get them ready to steam!
(They're a lot more appetizing looking after steaming.)




Invite some good friends, chill a few LOTS of cold beer,
& don't forget the Old Bay!




Such a fun backyard picnic!
Thanks for stopping in for a look.
Grab a beer & a crab mallet while you're here!



Don't forget to go check out Cozy Home Scenes Party
so you can enjoy all the fun picnics!




Cozy Home Scenes Grill, BBQ & Beach Party!

Thanks Shannon!

16 comments:

  1. I am SOOO jealous! I have not have fresh crab in quite some time! Your tablescape is fantastic!
    Love stopping by your blog! Take care :)
    -Denise
    P.S. Doyle is adorable!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much Denise! I enjoy yours too!

      Delete
  2. Are these like the Gulf Coast blue crabs? There is nothing I like better!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. YES Dorothy! just like Louisianna crabs, Maryland crabs, etc.....

      Delete
  3. Except maybe your lobster tablecloth! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aw shucks...LOL! I don't have a crab tablecloth, but I figured they are in the same family. Makes me want some of those great Maine lobsters though.

      Delete
  4. That looks amazing...and fresh is always so much better! I love your lobster tablecloth! The perfect detail...well that and the Old Bay! Happy summer!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I LOVE this tablecloth! So vintage and festive!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love your post! All the tablecloth and all the accessories make the perfect picnic for your crab theme. I bet your meal was delicious too. That only bad part was I wasn't there to enjoy it with you since I love crab! Thanks so much for including my button and for joining me at the Grill, BBQ, And Picnic Party!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Shannon! Love your party. Going to visit some more of the links.

      Delete
  7. I think my Grandma had this "lunchbox" and she lived in Minnesota.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm confused Carlene. Lunch box? Hmmm, must be another post.

      Delete
  8. Love your great tablecloth! I agree, that's for greeting and not eating:@)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love the lobster/crab theme. Yum!

    ReplyDelete
  10. So "nautical" and cute here! Yes, I would imagine that you don't want crab meat and melted butter on that GREAT tablecloth! Which is ironic! Haha
    Doyle looks like he's having a blast! :)
    Erica

    ReplyDelete
  11. Love the theme of your party today! And what a fun post!

    ReplyDelete

Your comments make me smile! Thanks.