Vintage Tablecloths

Sharing vintage tablecloths ~ and other vintage treasures that capture my attention. Thanks for stopping by!

Monday, June 11, 2012

Aunt Millie's Tablecloth




Today I've set a very simple, mostly unadorned table.
The tablecloth belonged to my Great Aunt Millie, and
it is probably from the 1940's.






Many a meal was enjoyed on this tablecloth, as my Aunt millie
always had a pretty tablecloth on the dining room table.





The white plates with tan edge are Homer Laughlin  diner ware,
and the pink plates are  vintage Universal Cambridge, both thrifted.

The silver flatware is Diadem by Reed & Barton.
Silver and diner ware?  Why not!

I won the sweet floral and bee napkins at an auction last Saturday. 
  If you hang til the end, they practically give stuff away! 
I'll show my other wins in a future post.



S & P's are vintage Noritake, thrifted. 
Pink depression glass candle holders, yard sale.

Sweet Noritake dish with floating flowers belonged
to my Nana and is vintage Noritake. 
My Aunt Millie was my Nana's sister. 

The Gardenia is the first bloom I've had on the little bush I've
been tending for a couple years now.  I didn't think it was going to make
it, so I'm ecstatic that's it is finally starting to bloom. The pink flower
is an Amarosa Rose.





Hand painted china, marked 1904 on the back, also thrifted.




Sweet Hull bird vase.  I've had it so long, I really
can't remember where I found it!




Sorry about the glare, and poor photos.  I really do need a new camera





Lastly, pink depression glass pitcher, again thrifted. 
It has a small crack, but it's still great for tablescapes. 

Love this simple table with my Aunt Millie's tablecloth,
and my Nana's fancy dish.  Thanks so much for visiting!
This week I'm joining:

Let's Dish! at Cuisine Kathleen




Please visit these fun linky parties!




20 comments:

  1. I love your Aunt Millie's tablecloth. So sweet. Your tablescape is wonderful.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Aunt Millies tablecloth is absolutely gorgeous. I love the pastel colors. Your china is beautiful as well!

    ReplyDelete
  3. That pink depression glass and sweet bird vase are great!

    ReplyDelete
  4. So many of your beautiful tablescapes remind me of the tables my grandmothers set when I was a child. This table is so lovely, as usual.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love all of the beautiful, delicate finds on the table!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love the colors in your Aunt Millie's tablecloth. There are many possibilities for tablescapes pulling those pretty colors out with accessories. The pink depression glass was a good choice. The hand painted dish is beautiful. I took a second look because I had one that looked almost like yours. I was so upset when a nameless family member broke it. Thank you for showing your pretty table at Your Cozy Home Party. Hope to see you next week for the Grill, BBQ and Picnic Party.----------- Shannon

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love your Aunt Millies tablecloth! So beautiful!
    I was looking through some of your past enteries and I was thinking, "I wish she had an Etsy shop!" I would love to take some of the tablecloths you hardly use off of your hands, tee hee.
    Hope you're having a great week!
    -Denise

    ReplyDelete
  8. That tablecloth is so pretty. All of your pieces are beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  9. It is stunning, such pretty colors and I love the pattern. Your tablescape is wonderful. Hugs, Marty

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oh, this is so pretty! I love the floral all over! You do such a wonderful job of putting your treasures together. How fun! Lov3 that your have family heirlooms in such wonderful condition.
    Blessings,
    Susie

    ReplyDelete
  11. Such a pretty table! Your Aunt Millie's tablecloth is beautiful. What great condition for a tablecloth so vintage.

    ReplyDelete
  12. This is awfully pretty, but what I love most is that it has been well loved.

    ReplyDelete
  13. I bet Aunt Millies tablecloth could tell some stories.When I use vintage table cloths,
    I love thinking about who sat at that table and what lovely food was served up to family and friends,on it.

    Nice glass and china ware too,with some memories. xx

    ReplyDelete
  14. How wonderful to have your Aunt Millie's tablecloth, it is so very pretty and the napkins match so well!! I love your sweet little bird vase...

    (hugs)
    Aledia @ Plum Perfect

    ReplyDelete
  15. Love the tablecloth and napkins - they are so pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Pam, those napkins you won at the auction are sooooo pretty and what detail! What nice memories you have of Aunt Millie. You know ho I love seeing your vintage things!

    ReplyDelete
  17. I love your beautiful tablecloth. Such a lovely table.

    Jocelyn @
    http://justalittlesouthernhospitality.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  18. What a great tablecloth, I bet it would have wonderful stories to tell! :)
    Napkins are so pretty too!
    Thanks for linking to Let's Dish!

    ReplyDelete
  19. What a pretty vintage tablecloth, I just love linens.

    ReplyDelete
  20. Pam your tablecloth is so sweet, but the fact that it belonged to your Aunt Millie makes it that much sweeter. I love all of the dishes and the bird vase is one that I would snag in a hurry if I ever ran across something like it. Thanks so much for sharing your wonderful vintage and thrifted treasures with Share Your Cup.
    Hugs,
    Jann

    ReplyDelete

Your comments make me smile and our open to all! Thanks.