Vintage Tablecloths

Sharing vintage tablecloths ~ and other vintage treasures that capture my attention. Thanks for stopping by!

Wednesday, May 16, 2012

50's Chartreuse Table




I've been "under the weather" this week and missed joining in
a few parties: Tabletop Tuesday, Cozy Home Party,
and You're Gonna Love It Tuesday, to name a few.  
I put a couple photos together to join in Rednesday,
 but  now I really, really need to do a tablescape. 
A tablescape may not help me physically,  but definitely will lift my spirits!  
I don't have much energy, but figured if I could throw together
a tablescape in five minutes, I was good to go!
  I always have a tablecloth on my dining room table,
with a centerpiece, candleholders and candles.  So, I went with
what was already there and grabbed some of my Hazel Atlas.




Gotta love 50's Chartreuse!





Please excuse the doggie gate against the wall, I forgot it was there!




My Saturday thrifty find from the local store where I consign vintage tablecloths. 
Lazy Susan made by Hazel Atlas, in the same vintage glass that I collect!




Matching Sugar & Creamer.   The Hazel Atlas Platonide glass is white milk type
 glass that is painted,  and then the color is fired on




The 2 items that are not Hazel Atlas, are the vintage  Royal Haeger
vase and the Fiesta pyramid style candlesticks.

I've worn out the Babies Breath, been using it for weeks now!


Thanks for looking in!


If you missed the winners of my giveaway, check my previous post! 

Sharing my thrifty table with

&
Cuisine Kathleen at Let's Dish

&

Jann at

&
(Late for this one, but made it!)

24 comments:

  1. Fun! I've always loved the word, chartreuse, and it's one of my favorite accent colors for my spring and summer wardrobe.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sarah, It is a cool word! Hope I spelled it right.

      Delete
  2. What a fun retro tablescape! I am your newest follower.

    Hugs,
    Susan and Bentley

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sorry you have been under the weather :-( I love your Hazel Atlas pieces. That lazy Susan is an incredible piece!! What a find. It's not too late to link up at my party. The door is still open ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh my, I love this color! Hopefully, it will help to make you feel better. So sorry to hear that you have been under the weather. Wishing you a quick recovery. I do NOT know where you find your darling tablecloths, but girl I love them! Thanks so much for sharing with Share Your Cup!
    Hugs,
    Jann

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have had some of my tablecloths for 20 years, they were easy to find back then. Soon after I discovered eBay & went a little crazy, but now the shipping fees don't make them such a bargain. I still hunt for them everywhere, can't help myself!

      Delete
  5. Your tablescape lifted my spirets as well! Just Beautiful.
    I've been meaning to contact you! I'm wondering if it was you who did a post on "washing linens". I think it might have been...awhile ago???
    I need help! I bought really cute sheets that I want to cut up for a quilt, but I washed them, and the mothball smell didn't go away! Yuck! Any tips?
    Thanks Pam!
    Erica :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I remember giving someone tips awhile ago, was it you? :-)

      Start with a gentle soak, borax or something similar, rinse, then wash and then hang out in the sun to dry. Nothing like the sun to brighten the whites & help remove odors. Sometimes after my linens dry, I leave them hanging and redampen them to repeat the process. If you don't have a clothesline, your can lay them on the grass. Yes, it sounds strange, but some believe laying on the grass to dry works better than a clothesline. If you try it, watch out for dogs!

      Delete
  6. That is definitely a vintage color. I am old enough to remember it at my Grandma's house.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, your Grandma's house...you're "dating" me Carlene, LOL!

      Delete
  7. Oh, sorry you have not been feeling well! Hope you are better soon. This color should definitely lift your spirits - it is awesome. Love that lazy Susan - what a find that was!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh Diane~I'm still giddy over the lazy susan!

      Delete
  8. That vintage table cloth is so much fun! I love it! I know I've got a few of my grandmother's linens tucked in a box somewhere. This makes me want to head straight to the basement and go hunting!

    -Lynn

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hopefully the vintage tablescape was just the medicine you needed to perk you up!! The colors are so vibrant and fun!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. The colors scream 1950s FABULOUS! Hope you're feeling better now.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Oh Pam, I ♥♥♥ this table...green is my favorite color!

    ReplyDelete
  12. I just stumbled upon your blog. Love lOvE LOVE(!!!) all your vintage-y things! I'll definitely be back!~TJ

    ReplyDelete
  13. This is such an awesome retro tablescape! You have some really wonderful pieces here. How fun! Thank you for sharing this with us this week at TTF. I hope you have a wonderful weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Pam, I love seeing all your vintage!! Hope you'll feel better soon!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Nothing keeps you tablescapers down! That tablecloth was such a great starting point....it's gorgeous. And those dishes match it so perfectly. I hope you're feeling better, and I bet just looking at that table puts a smile on your face!

    ReplyDelete
  16. That is a neat retro table. Love the Lazy Susan!
    Feel better soon, and thanks for linking to Let's Dish!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Love it all. Green is my favourite colour to collect in Kitchenalia. I'm 'Green' with envy.

    ReplyDelete

Your comments make me smile and our open to all! Thanks.