Vintage Tablecloths

Sharing vintage tablecloths ~ and other vintage treasures that capture my attention. Thanks for stopping by!

Tuesday, April 24, 2012

The Best Red Roses Ever!





Last week Mr. Retro and I celebrated  a special Anniversary!

I came home from work, walked into the kitchen,
 and  was stopped dead in my tracks by these.



You can see Doyle was unimpressed,
more interested in going outside.

I know, I know, it was our Anniversary, so
maybe I should have been expecting them,
but we planned on celebrating on the week-end,
so I wasn't even thinking about it.    


Everyone has their favorite rose color....
mine & Mr. Retro's are red.

Following along those lines,
his favorite color is red.

I wore a red dress when we got married....
that was 30 years ago.

The bouquet has 30 roses, sweeeeet!  



I got very excited when I realized how I would
display the bouquet, on my vintage
Wilendur red roses tablecloth, of course!


If there is one thing about roses that can disappoint,
it's that they don't always last.

This photo is of my 7 day old roses.  
They are starting to wilt, but that's just fine,
they've been gorgeous for a full week.

I'm joining Rednesday a It's A Very Cherry World!


&

at Have a Daily Cup from Mrs. Olson

If this post is a little sappy, well I like to think
I deserve to be a little sappy after 30 years of marriage. 
With all the highs and lows, ups and downs, and
bumps in the road that are shared in a marriage,
a happy and loving one is something to be proud of!

I leave you with a funny, but likely true, quote:
"There is almost no marital problem that can't be helped
enormously by taking off your clothes."
GARRISON KEILLOR









10 comments:

  1. Congratulations on your anniversary!! Love those red roses on that darling tablecloth. Also, love that Garrison Keillor quote - oh, my! One to remember - hahahaha!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Diane, that quote made me laugh out loud, literally! Thanks for you kind comments.

      Delete
  2. Happy Anniversary! Gorgeous roses.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your roses were beautiful. Congratulations on the 30 years!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lovely roses on a lovely tablecloth. Happy Anniversary!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Congratulations Pam! For Mr. Retro to get 30 roses....he is such a keeper! Happy Anniversary to you both!

    ~Holly

    ReplyDelete
  6. Happy Anniversary! The roses are beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Congratulations and Happy Anniversary! How sweet of your husband to remember with 30 red roses.
    I'm your newest follower, Mary Alice

    ReplyDelete
  8. Gorgeous Pam! 30 roses, that's wonderful. Hubby did done good! Love, love the tablecloth. How perfect is it with your roses? Thanks for sharing with Share Your Cup Thursday.
    Hugs,
    Jann

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love roses and red too. The tablecloth is gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete

Your comments make me smile! Thanks.