Vintage Tablecloths

Sharing vintage tablecloths ~ and other vintage treasures that capture my attention. Thanks for stopping by!

Friday, April 6, 2012

Azaleas in the Woods!



I spied them from the kitchen window...
at the back of our property.

Yesterday the were pretty,
today they are magnificent!


Heritage Azaleas that have been growing for years. 
Some of the bushes are now over six feet tall.


 
When we bought our house the woods were very
 thick and overgrown.  Mr. Retro cleared some dead
trees and debris,  which let some much needed light in. 


 
The bushes now encircle the tree. 


Here's a view from the back.

 A little deeper in the woods, white
Azaleas are waiting to bloom, just budding out.


Just had to use them on my table. 

Have a Happy & Blessed Easter!


Perfect for joining in Beverly's Pink Saturday!


 

10 comments:

  1. I collect figural planters. I like the bunny planters!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy Easter Pam. Don't you just love azaleas. They are so southern. I truly never thought of picking azaleas and using them in an arrangement, but it certainly works because your centerpiece is heavenly. Blessings Terri http://morningdewdrops.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your azaleas are so beautiful. Growing up in East Texas and Louisiana, we always had azaleas, but it requires a lot of effort to get them to grow in North Central Texas. I really miss them and love to see other people's pictures of them.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful bouquet..able to enjoy them outside and inside!
    Love the tablecloth and bunny planters too!

    ReplyDelete
  5. So pretty!

    Hope you'd come and see my Easter craft, you can link too if you like at my meme. Happy Easter.

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a wonderfully pretty Easter table setting. I love the depth of pink that those azaleas have, they make a striking counterbalance to the softer hues of the Easter decorations.

    Thank you very much for your comment my "What have you always loved?" post. I really enjoyed hearing about some of things that have been near and dear to your heart for a long time. I adore vintage table clothes, too, but must confess to not presently owning any (due in part to the larger size of our one and only table). Hopefully one day though! :)


    Wishing you an absolutely lovely Easter weekend,
    Jessica

    ReplyDelete
  7. Gorgeous! Happy Easter from my family to yours!

    My PINK

    ReplyDelete
  8. Your azaleas are gorgeous! We are in the mountains of NC this week and they are in full bloom here now. I took some pics today. Enjoy this special day!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I loved seeing your azaleas. Ours are already almost gone - they bloomed so early here this year. I hope that you had a wonderful Easter!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Gorgeous azaleas and I loved your noritake plates.

    ReplyDelete

Your comments make me smile and our open to all! Thanks.