Vintage Tablecloths

Sharing vintage tablecloths ~ and other vintage treasures that capture my attention. Thanks for stopping by!

Wednesday, March 7, 2012

Vintage~Thrifty Thursday & Friday!

I'm joining Vintage Thingie Thursday at Coloradolady!
& Time Travel Thursday at Brambleberry Cottage!
& Thrifty Things Friday at The Thrifty Groove!


I'm sharing a vintage St. Patrick's Day greeting card.
It has a 1 cent stamp and is postmarked with the year 1912.
It's not in perfect shape, but hey, it's 100 years old.

The sweet poem is difficult to read, so I've added it below,
and used the exact punctuation on the card.

I'm just a little American girl,
I can't do the Irish lilt
I can't even dance the Highland fling
Though I'd try, if I had a kilt.

My gown is green my hair is red
But my folks are American born and bred
And I'm bringing you in my American way,
Greetings for St. Patrick's Day


Now if that isn't just the cutest!
Here's a peek at 2 more vintage postcards I'll
be using in my St. Patrick's Day tablescape.




Joining the fun at:


See sidebar for links and come visit!



15 comments:

  1. Your little American Girl is so sweet!

    ReplyDelete
  2. So cute...I'm a part-Irish American girl, so I relate. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Those are wonderful vintage cards. It is amazing they are in such good condition that old. The verse you shared is perfect.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I adore these vintage St. Patty's postcards! Love the cute poem on the first card!

    ReplyDelete
  5. cute, cute, cute! I have a spoon of Irish too (it's the source of the green eyes!)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Cute card - thanks for printing the poem. Your banner is terrific - love the tablecloths.

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a adorable card. I have just a few St Patty day cards.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thanks for all the sweet comments. Like most of you, some (well~most)of my ancestry is Irish.....and we're all Irish on St. Patrick's Day!

    "May the sunshine warm upon your face" today. Pam

    ReplyDelete
  9. So pretty! I just think that is a great poem!
    Thanks for sharing with us.
    Blessings,
    Susie

    ReplyDelete
  10. Thanks for sharing - loved the the card!

    ReplyDelete
  11. What sweet vintage cards..love things like that. Have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  12. You know I love 'em! LOL.

    OMG! That picture of a baby Doyle is just the cutest thing ever!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh, he so cute! He was only 4 weeks in the photo, so we didn't bring him home for another month.

      Delete
  13. Oh these are wonderful vintage St. Patrick's Day cards! I love old cards and these are adorable! Thank you for joining last week's TTF. I hope you are have a great day!

    ReplyDelete

Your comments make me smile! Thanks.