Vintage Tablecloths

Sharing vintage tablecloths ~ and other vintage treasures that capture my attention. Thanks for stopping by!

Monday, March 5, 2012

Let's "Dish" about these books!

Let's Dish!


I LOVE BOOKS! 

What's better than curling up with a great novel and being transported?

But it doesn't end there for me.  I'm happily addicted to my reference books. 
Vintage linens and tablecloths, dishes, glass, costume jewelry,
Pyrex, Heywood Wakefield and more, these books draw me in with
their gorgeous photos and wealth of information.
 I've paged  through some the books so often that they're dogged eared,
 have loose pages, with scraps of paper stuck here and there marking a favorite page. 



Santa brought me these four for Christmas.


I've had this one for a few years.
My special china is the Iroquois pattern Stellar by Ben Seibel,
a very cool mid-century modern design.   So of course I had to have this book.


Here it is in a Christmas tablescape I did a few years ago.


This book contains a wealth of information and is full of gorgeous photos as well.  
China and Glass in America 1880-1980, "From Tabletop to TV Tray"...gotta love that.  


DISH - 813- colorful wonderful dinner plates

This book was #1 on my Christmas list and it is pure eye candy! 
I took photos of a few pages to share.  If you love dishes, you'll love this book.

The comment here is a rooster in the kitchen is said to bring good luck to the household,
so you can find them on dishes from all time periods.



Amazing patterns!
  Frank Lloyd Wright designed the red, yellow and white circles plate, circa 1916. 
Claude Monet designed  two service patterns for his house in Giverny,
Large white and yellow plate on the upper left, and the
blue & white plate on the top next to it.


Love these air brushed plates!
The blue & black dish on the left page is Wedgwood.
Jackson and Syracuse China from the 1960's on the right page.

Lenox, Noritake, Wedgwood, Hall and Brown-Westhead-Moore Co.
Just lovely!


The plates shown on these pages are newer designs.
The squiggly design plates on the left are Ltd. Edition Limoges;
the folksy plates on the right page are Anthropologie 2007.
So many books....so little time!
Hope you enjoyed browsing through my books with me. 
It was really fun and I'm sure I'll be doing it again.
This week I'm joining:

& It's a Very Cherry World

11 comments:

  1. I love reference books too. I'll have to look for these.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have the kitchen linens book too! XO

    I hope you'll stop by my blog. I am hosting a giveaway for a $50 Kirklands gift card.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for visiting, I'm following you now! The majority of my reference books are on vintage linens and tablecloths, which I'll be sharing sometime later.

      Delete
  3. Oh what a beautiful tablescape. Love the books too. Thanks for joining TTT. Hugs, Marty

    ReplyDelete
  4. I have always been passionate about reference books, but since I discovered the internet(lots of info there), I am buying fewer of them. More space for dishes - lol!! Love your table.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love seeing all your vintage things! I have lots that were my Mom's, so they really appeal to me.

    I won that "Dishes" book over at Cass's That Old House blog, but it has never arrived. :( I don't know if it is lost or if she forgot to send it. I was really excited about getting such a nice reference tool. Bummer!

    Thanks for sharing the pages.
    fondly,
    Rett

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh, I hope the book comes, it's great. Maybe you could ask?

      Delete
  6. Thank you for such an informative post! Did you get the books online? I also have a huge stash of vintage linens and it would be great to have a reference tool.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Cathy,

    The 4 books (aprons, kitchen linens, hankies & Dish 813) were bought online at Amazon. I have several books on vintage tablecloths and tea towels, and they are all Schiffer Books, which you can find at their website, schifferbooks.com

    If you like vintage linens, click on the link on my sidebar for VTLC. (Vintage Tablecloth Lovers Club) It's a great group of linen collectors and fun online club. There are a couple of public pages you can view, so take a look.

    Thanks for visiting and for your comments! Pam

    ReplyDelete

Your comments make me smile! Thanks.