Vintage Tablecloths

Sharing vintage tablecloths ~ and other vintage treasures that capture my attention. Thanks for stopping by!

Thursday, March 29, 2012

100 Year Old Easter Postcards!

 I have become more and more enamored
with vintage postcards. 



Something that was sent in the mail 100 years ago
is the first draw, but just thinking about the history
of them...


 
the story of the folks who sent and received them...



is truly fascinating to me


they really leave you yearning to know more


I've tried to show the darker postmarks...the top card is dated April 5, 1909
and the bottom card, March 21, 1913.

Hope you enjoyed them!  

I'll be joining:

Vintage Thingie Thursday
&
Pink Saturday
&
Share Your Cup Thursday

(She's working on her link)

&
Thrifty Things Friday

Please visit thru the links on my sidebar &
THANKS so much for your visit! 



15 comments:

  1. I adore vintage postcards, such beauty. Love your tablecloth too!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh, I'd love to see yours in a post sometime!

      Delete
  2. You have a great vintage card collection. That is a collection you can enjoy and not need a lot of space to keep.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Your right! Though this is a fairly new interest of mine. I have a large collection of vintage tablecloths, which also fold nicely into smaller spaces, LOL!

      Delete
  3. The postcards are so sweet, and they look beautiful with your iris tablecloth.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, I don't know why I didn't take a photo of the whole table. I'll do a tablescape with it later.

      Delete
  4. I love these postcards! I love that sometimes the address is just the name and the city and state..

    Blessings

    Linda

    ReplyDelete
  5. My sister just gave me 2 old albums of vintage Easter, Christmas and Valentine cards that my great aunts put together. Don't you just love the vintage designs? Another thing I love is the writing style - their handwriting was so different from today's. Thanks for the post which reminded me that they were in a dresser in my attic.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh, how wonderful! I love the wonderful designs, and the writing style too. Wish I could browse through your with you! Enjoy!

      Delete
  6. Wow those are so cute and so old but in great shape.
    Have a great weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great vintage postcards! I love all the vintage images, ok, I'm obsessed with them, lol! Have a great weekend, Nan

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi Pam, first I want to thank you for your support with my new linky party. I too love vintage postcards. I have made two postcard garlands. One is of birds and the other Christmas. I love reading the sentiments on those that were sent. The old dates are so fun don't you think? You have some darling ones! Thanks for sharing them. Hope you will link up often!
    Hugs,
    Jann

    ReplyDelete
  9. Your vintage Easter cards are beautiful! You are so lucky to have such a collection. Happy Pink Saturday. ~Marti

    ReplyDelete
  10. I am with you! I love vintage things. It is fun to imagine the lives these people lived!

    ReplyDelete

Your comments make me smile! Thanks.