Vintage Tablecloths

Sharing vintage tablecloths ~ and other vintage treasures that capture my attention. Thanks for stopping by!

Tuesday, February 28, 2012

Totally "Thrifted" Table

It may not be my prettiest tablescape, but other than the
silverware, it is comprised of thrift, consignment, and estate sale finds.


The yellow plates (45 cents) are marked Spaulding, Chicago.
 They are a "Melmac" type product. 

The yellow and pinkish dishes were a great find.  A stack of 20
 mixed maker plates for $3.00, can't beat that! 


The clear glass pieces are nothing special, but together
they give the table some needed sparkle.


The splurges were the amber depression bowl and candlestick pair.
Still a great bargain for $10.00!


Love these little liqueur glasses, and I just have
a thing for pitchers. 


Mr. Virginia Retro found the water lily design vintage tablecloth
at a thrift shop...without me, imagine that!  

A friend gave me the sweet yellow Czech pitcher.
She's an estate sale maven. 

I'm joining with: 


 Also joined this week:

Vintage Thingie Thursday at Colorado Lady
Time Travel Thursday at Brambleberry Cottage
Nifty Thrifty Tuesday at Coastal Charm
Table Top Tuesday at A Stroll Thru Live

Please visit these wonderful blogs and join the party!
(Links can be found on the sidebar)

Thanks for stopping by!!!

23 comments:

  1. Whoa! Fab finds! Love how the tablecloth pulls it all together! Props to the Mr for that lil gem!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What lovely soft colors! That table makes me believe that spring is right around the corner.

    ReplyDelete
  3. WOW! What a masterpiece for hardly any cash! Great finds!

    I really really realllllly love your pink salad plates. I think that is a heckuva bargain!

    I am SO GLAD you came by to see me so i could find you, too!

    Isn't thrifting fun? My DH thinks perhaps I should stay out of the 2nd hand stores, but it is nearly impossible to pass up certain barginas!

    Well done, ma'am!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great finds. Love the tablecloth.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow - you have some AMAZING Textiles! Love the photo of them billowing in the wind. :)
    -Revi - following you back!

    ReplyDelete
  6. That is a great tablecloth. Malmac goes perfect with it!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I see you have a lot of vintage tablecloths! Great thrifty tablescape!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I think its a very lovely table setting. I love your header.

    ReplyDelete
  9. No matter where you find the dishes or decorations, your table looks very nice. If you saw mine, it would probably have the pots and pans on it. Nothing fancy for me.

    ReplyDelete
  10. These colors all go together so nicely. I really like the feeling that this table gives off. It is pretty and comfortable at the same time. Thanks for the great pictures!
    Blessings,
    Susie

    ReplyDelete
  11. I love all things vintage too-and putting together a tablescape is fun-looks great!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Wow~I'm just thrilled about all the sweet comments! Thanks so much for taking the time to visit AND comment! Love doing tablescapes so I can use my vintage tablecloths, and it gives me a good excuse to "thrift"! :-)

    Big THANX! Pam

    ReplyDelete
  13. Well, I just love pink and yellow together so, I adore this tablescape! And that vintage tablescloth is fabulous! Way to go Mr. V Retro!! thank you for sharing this sweet table with us at TT and enjoy the rest of your day! Hugs, Diann :)

    ReplyDelete
  14. You have some pretty tablecloths. A very lovely table. I love the colors.
    Pat

    ReplyDelete
  15. Oh I love your pink and yellow combination. I LOVE vintage tablecloths. They just don't make them like that anymore.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Hi lovely lady.
    Love the tablecloth and all your great finds. You Tablescape is so sweet for Spring with the colors you have put together for your table""
    Im your newest follower on your blog now, hope you can come follow me also.
    Hope you and your family have a wonderful week.
    XOO Diane

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Diane, I'm following your terrific blog now!

      Delete
  17. Hi!

    I'm your newest follower :)

    I just LOVE your vintage tablecloth and your dishes match perfectly! What great deals to!

    Have a wonderful night!
    Aledia

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for visiting, I'm following you too!

      Delete

Your comments make me smile! Thanks.