Vintage Tablecloths

Sharing vintage tablecloths ~ and other vintage treasures that capture my attention. Thanks for stopping by!

Sunday, February 26, 2012

That 60's Tablecloth!


I put this vintage tablecloth on the table yesterday and  planned
on doing a tablescape.  Ultimately, I decided the table
looked best just like this...



60's Psychedelic?
or
70's Age of Aquarius?
or
 even mid-century modern?


Definitely vintage with 2 hemmed sides and 2 selvage,
but I'm really not sure which decade.  There are
no label or tags, so it will remain a mystery unless
 one of the Vintage Tablecloth Lovers Club
members can help with it's ID. 


The vintage glass candlesticks and the gorgeous Westmoreland
lacy glass bowl were more than enough to offset this tablecloth!

The lacy bowl is a birthday gift from Mr. Virginia Retro,
but my birthday's not until next month....he can have it back to
wrap up later, tee hee. 

Thanks for dropping in.  Always love comments!


5 comments:

  1. Wow that is gorgeous! I love the Blue glass with it!
    I have a question, I have a few hand me down vintage table clothes, with sentimental feelings attached, but also stains! What is the best way to treat old stains? Can you help?
    Blessings,
    Susie
    www.littlesusiehomaker-lilsusiehomaker.blogspot.com?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Susie,

      If you ask 10 people this question, you'll probably get 10 different answers/opinions, but here's mine. First, know that many old stains that have been set for years may not come out, but hopefully you can lighten them.

      I start with soaking in something mild like Borax, and a good long overnight soak is sometimes needed. I add Oxyboost or some similar product to my laundry detergent in the washer. Don't use the dryer.

      This is the part that works best for me. Hang your tablecloths in the sun to dry on a clothesline. If you don't have a clothesline, you can lay the tablecloths out on the grass to dry (If you don't have a dog, or they'll have puppy feet tracks. :-)This sounds strange, but works really great! The sun really brightens and bleaches those yellow stains. Sometimes I redampen the cloths and repeat the hanging in the sun process. They smell so good after that too!

      Most importantly, enjoy them stains and all. Some of my favorite tablecloths are far from perfect. Also, the stains are much harder to see when the tablecloth is actually on the table.

      Good Luck! Thanks for visiting. Pam

      Delete
  2. Gorgeous colors! I'm guessing late 60s by the psychedelic flowers vibe.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the cloth and the bowl and candlesticks. Great colors!

    ReplyDelete

Your comments make me smile! Thanks.