Vintage Tablecloths

Sharing vintage tablecloths ~ and other vintage treasures that capture my attention. Thanks for stopping by!

Saturday, February 18, 2012

Pretty In Pink Table Runner



Today I'm sharing a "pretty in pink" embroidered linen table runner.


I think the vintage milk glass bowl & ceramic candlesticks
look so very sweet on the runner.


I'm always surprised at how many inexpensive embroidered linens
I find, considering all the time and effort that went into them.

My guess is they may not be an especially "hot" item at this time.


I  find them at thrift shops, church sales, yard sales...
at fair to almost giveaway prices.


Of course, I know they are loved and appreciated by many linen lovers,
and if you treat yourself to an embroidered pretty, you're sure to become one of them!


This last photo is of a booth display at an antique show.  I spent so much time
 looking at the linens, I finally asked the owner if I could take a picture!


Today I'm joining in:


&


(Links to these fun blog parties on the sidebar)

Thanks for visiting!


6 comments:

  1. Lovely, lovely table runner. Love the pink.
    Ann

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my goodness, the pillow cases made me swoon and I love the table runner. I love anything handmade and vintage. I am so glad you stopped by for a visit Behind the Gate and I was able to come and meet you.
    Blessings,
    Gayle

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I probably should have mentioned in the blog, I took the photo of all the pillowcases at an antique show. I was swooning myself, but only brought one pillowcase home with me.

      Delete
  3. Sweet, pretty, lovely! A perfect place for your candlesticks and bowl.
    Picture perfect.
    Blessings,
    Susie

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love older linens. I would have gotten lost in all those beauties. I especially love old pillowcases. Remind me of my Grandmother. I am your newest follower. Stop by and follow along with me. Excited...Blessings!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Pretty! I have lots of embroidered linens! I still use mine but not like I used too. Now i've moved on to the 40-50s table cloths. I so love the one you sent me! Not sure what year that one would be- are you? The colors are just so vibrant! ♥

    ReplyDelete

Your comments make me smile and our open to all! Thanks.