Vintage Tablecloths

Sharing vintage tablecloths ~ and other vintage treasures that capture my attention. Thanks for stopping by!

Tuesday, January 24, 2012

What's pink, white, and red all over?

My Valentine Tablescape!

It may be a couple weeks until Valentine's Day, but I found my
little hearts hankie and couldn't stop myself.  

I had lots of fun doing this tablescape! Cold & damp outside,
warm and fuzzy feeling: playing with my linens and table inside.


Love the use of red and purple together in this sweet
vintage floral and polka dot tablecloth. 
Rumor has it the maker is Broderie, but there is no tag.


 Westmoreland milk glass bowl
and candlestick holders
 round hearts hankie and a vintage rose pin.


Thrift shop dark red plates, cute plastic polka dot
plates from a Walmart clearance, topped by
 vintage valentines found last year at
the local shop where I consign.

I think they deserve a close-up.


A little closer maybe...


&


Voila, a sweetheart's table for that special dinner!


Don't forget the candy!  

THANKS for your visit! Hope you enjoyed it.


 

This week I'm linking with:

Table Top Tuesday at A Stroll thru Life
&
Rednesday at It's A Very Cherry World
&
Time Travel Thursday at Brambleberry Cottage
&
Tablescape Thursday at Between Naps on the Porch
(see sidebar for links)

21 comments:

  1. Fabulous Pam! I love the polka-dot plates!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know, so cute! Run to Walmart, I just got them about a week ago.

      Delete
  2. Oh what a great Valentine's tablescape. Gorgeous. I love your header with all the vintage tablecloths on the line. So pretty. Thanks for joining TTT. Hugs, marty

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Marty! I'm a fairly new blogger, and my blog and photos are not as professional as most, but it was fun and I'm really glad I joined your Table Top Tuesday today. Glad you like my vintage tablecloths too!

      Delete
  3. That is such a cute table. I love the polka dot plates!

    ReplyDelete
  4. A prefect table setting for a special romantic dinner.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love how you used the vintage Valentine's Day cards. I had been looking at some on ebay because I think they are so special. Your table came out adorable. It makes me wish I had gotten some of the cards even more now. I just posted some Valentine's Day stuff, too, and I couldn't resist checking out some more VDay ideas. I am already in the mood for the holiday I guess.

    Thank you for sharing your great table ideas.

    Sincerely,
    Eldarose from http://re-inventedstyle.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. Very cute! Love the polka dot plates. I have had my Valentine decor out for a week now. It had been so warm here that my Winter White just wasn't cutting it. I pulled it out earlier than usual, but like you I was having too much fun. Visiting from Rednesday. Now a new follower.
    Hugs,
    Jann

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love everything, so charming!

    Happy Valentines Day and Happy Rednesday!

    ReplyDelete
  8. So very cute. I love the composition. New follower. Nice to meet you!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Very Sweet! I love Vintage Tablecloths too!! I'm gonna have to get me some of those Polka-Dot Plates!! Go Walmart! I just started following you....All the best ~ Deanna

    ReplyDelete
  10. What a neat way to display a pretty hankie! My mother has a milk glass bowl just like that -- love it! Your whole table looks so pretty and festive! And I adore your photo in your header -- reminds me of my childhood, when Mama hung out the wash!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Love the retro valentines! Brings back memories. and you bowl in the center of table is so pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Cute table...great vintage table cloth.

    ReplyDelete
  13. That's one pretty table! Glad you were able to scoop up those Valentines!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Hi...we just found your website from noticing your beautiful Valentine table scape at Time Travelers...then I noticed Doyle...we had a Brittany "Buddy"...same color as Doyle...he passed this year after 14years...seeing Doyle is tempting me to get another!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Thank you all for your kind comments...I love comments!

    To the Greeley Girls, I'm sorry about your Buddy. We had another Brittany, Sadler, who passed at 14+ yrs. They're such wonderful dogs. Doyle is 2 yrs. & just full of himself!

    ReplyDelete
  16. I could just KICK myself for not accepting the vintage linens from my great-Grandmother's house when they were offered to me back in the 80s! You obviously have such a great time using yours and enjoying the nostalgia that goes along with them!!!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Just so sweet! The way you arranged all the different parts of your table is very very pretty! I kept viewing different photos so I wouldn't miss anything. I love the tablecloth with the pink and purple colors just perfect with the polkadot plates. The Westmoreland centerpiece is a treasure! Happy Tablscaping! Pam

    ReplyDelete

Your comments make me smile and our open to all! Thanks.