Vintage Tablecloths

Sharing vintage tablecloths ~ and other vintage treasures that capture my attention. Thanks for stopping by!

Saturday, December 10, 2011

Luther Travis Christmas Tablecloth & TC Ladder


I decided if I'm going to show several Christmas tables,
I'd better get moving!

This post is about my "Holy Grail"
of Christmas tablecloths!

I found it many years ago in a Florida thrift store.
Amazing!!!


The mid-century modern graphics are just wonderful.


more


Green vintage pitcher, sitting on a sweet vintage hankie.
Fenton ruby petal candle holders,
perfect for Christmas tables, so I find
I use then often this time of year.


Luther Travis was a prolific textile designer from the 1960's until ?
I'm not sure how long he was a fabric designer, but I found an
interesting article from New York Magazine, 3/10/75. 
At that time he was a designer for a company named
 Bloomcraft.  He had become an orchid collector, and in a four year
 period acquired 300 orchids.  The article stated he added a small
greenhouse to the back of his "village" apartment.

So, he lived in the "village" in NYC with all the artsy folks.  Cool!
I love the eccentricity of artists!  I'd like to find more information on him if I can.
His signature, shown below, appears on the tablecloths that he designed.


Almost forgot my tablecloth display ladder!
Hope to take tabletop photos of all of them before Christmas!



Thanks for looking!  More soon....



10 comments:

  1. Oooh, love that MCM vibe...tablecloth envy!

    ReplyDelete
  2. WOnderful tablecloth! Love how they look on your ladder!
    Beth

    ReplyDelete
  3. I adore Luther Travis... and your blog! Was a founding member of the TCL Club and now I'm your newest follower.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks, I love comments! Wow, a founding member found me, great!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great tablecloth!!!! I love the vintage design!!! It reminds me of the 60s and the cool stuff that I didn't realize was as cool as it was until a few years ago! Enjoy your treasure!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh my gosh! Love your vintage tablecloth. What a treasure!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi, Pam! I don't have an e mail for you so I'm asking this question here. I hope you don't mind.

    How did you know my new cherry table cloth was a Wilendur? Do you know the pattern or is it just a certain look? ♥

    ReplyDelete
  8. Okay- I googled it and I got a really good deal! I'm think I have another strawberry one, too. :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh Holly, You've got a couple of really choice and coveted Wilendurs! Glad for your luck, enjoy!

    ReplyDelete

Your comments make me smile! Thanks.