Vintage Tablecloths

Sharing vintage tablecloths ~ and other vintage treasures that capture my attention. Thanks for stopping by!

Tuesday, October 18, 2011

Fall Festival!


A local church in my town had their annual Fall Festival last week-end.  Residents donate items which are either sold for a set price or auctioned.  The proceeds go to help our most needy residents with necessities.  We love to attend and support this Festival!

One building sold clothes, shoes & purses, toys and linens.  Another building sold bric-a-brac, Christmas craft items, home made soups, and also had a large table filled with treasures for a Silent Auction.


Outside there was a large trailer filled with plants for sale.  They sold so quickly there were only a few left by the time I got back for a photo.

What Fall Festival doesn't have a food tent?  There were tables of yummy looking baked goods, and they were actually frying cinnamon donuts early in the morning.  I ran away from that tent!

 They are known for making and selling Brunswick Stew, their speciality.  They start cooking a few weeks before the Festival because they sell a huge amount.  It's very popular and always sells out.  


Two tents were filled with items being auctioned.  I ran around shopping while Harry stayed at the auction to bid on a Heywood Wakefield dining room table we found in the furniture tent.  We were amazed to find Wakefield, it completes our dining room!  Har did great, and won it for a low bid.


Oops~can't see much of the table, just had to do a quick fall tablesetting!

 Later Saturday afternoon I got a phone call to tell me I had  a winning bid in the silent auction!
  It's the depression bowl holding the gourds on my table. 

The sweet pair of pineapple candleholders on the table came from the bric-a-brac table. 


I found some vintage linen bargains too.  No printed tablecloths this time.




 It was a great day for treasure hunting and a successful fund raiser for our town!





No comments:

Post a Comment

Your comments make me smile! Thanks.