Vintage Tablecloths

Sharing vintage tablecloths ~ and other vintage treasures that capture my attention. Thanks for stopping by!

Saturday, September 24, 2011

Strawberry Polka Dot Heaven!

I'm in strawberry polka dot heaven!  I won the eBay auction on this tablecloth sold by my friend and fellow VTLC member, Joan.  The manufacturer remains unknown, but the overprint process and fugitive dyes are referenced to have been used from the 1920's-1940's.  We believe this tablecloth is most likely from the 40's.  Berries were a popular design, and these polka dot strawberries are precious!


The wooden bowl in the center of the table is made from teak and birdseye maple.  It was turned by my husband, who is a woodworker.  The S & P shakers are the precious Shawnee BoPeep & Sailor Boy.

Another rainy day, another fun tablesetting!

I'm linking up with Dotty Hop Day
at Cutie Pie Cottage!


3 comments:

  1. Oh how fun, Pam! I never saw this post before and yes, you can link back to older posts- no problem. I should add that to my "rules"

    It's been a slow day on my blog- probably because blogger is having issues today. There have been several blogs that won't open for me. thanks for linking up! ♥

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great, I was hoping it was okay to link back. Love the little polka dot strawberries! Hopefully Blogger will work out their issues by tomorrow for your link ups. Thanks, Pam

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Pam, Love your polka-dot tablecloth!
    Dorothy~~

    ReplyDelete

Your comments make me smile! Thanks.